jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think it's possible to become a pro skateboarder if you start at the age

1. NCapamaggio profile image58
    NCapamaggioposted 7 years ago

Do you think it's possible to become a pro skateboarder if you start at the age of 24?

I've just been trying to figure out what to do in life, what kind of career, what would make me the happiest. I am very serious with this question. What do you think?

2. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Good Day NCapamaggio

The first thing I'd want to know is: are you any good at skateboading? Have you been doing it a long time? Isn't that like gymnastics, where one needs to start early?

On the other hand, if that is you in the avatar picture, then I reckon you're not bad, eh?

3. profile image45
    AsianSkaterposted 7 years ago

Hi NCapamaggio,
    it depends on how good you are if you work at it and send a video to a skate company you may get sponsored

4. profile image50
    skateboarderposted 7 years ago

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it but it would be a hard thing to do unless you had a lot of time to put towards it.

5. ndnfoodie530 profile image60
    ndnfoodie530posted 7 years ago

Nothings impossible, but to be honest, it's highly improbable. Fact is, skating is a young man's sport. I'm in my 30's and still skate and pursued a career skateboarding and snowboarding from the time I was about 21 till I was 28 or 29.

It's extraordinarily competitive, costs money, requires a lifestyle change, means you will lose your significant others, and I'm not even going into the hospital bills. It also requires a natural talent and superior athletic abilities and the tenacity of a pit-bull on crack. And if you happen to not be good looking, you aren't as marketable.

If you're serious, invest in going to Burnside or another camp that will get in you the best shape they can. Good luck.

6. profile image48
    afu92335posted 6 years ago

anything is possible http://www.norcalsk8boards.com

7. criticalthinkerKS profile image60
    criticalthinkerKSposted 5 years ago

Of course! Anything is possible if you set your mind to it!

working