jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you agree that Reggie Bush should be stripped of his Heisman?

1. LittleStash profile image69
    LittleStashposted 7 years ago

Do you agree that Reggie Bush should be stripped of his Heisman?

The NCAA retroactively deemed him ineligible at the time he was given the award.

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

I read the article and apparently he broke some rules...he shouldn't be surprised since the officials met with him to discuss this

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

No, he should be able to keep it.  Everyone else in college football is making money -- the TV networks, the schools, the coaches, the paraphernalia vendors...  Why can't the players get some pocket money, a decent apartment, and a car?  Hypocrisy!

4. Stressed 24\7 profile image60
    Stressed 24\7posted 7 years ago

Does the trophy really mean that much now? He is making all the money he could hope for. He was a super bowl champ last year. So what are they really achieving by taking it from him?  I mean is it really going to change his life???

5. Powerful Pierre profile image78
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

I believe that for the sake of the integrity of the game he should lose his trophy for violating NCAA policies that have been strictly adhered to. Sorry those of you who want him  to keep it, but as was said before NOW that he's got a SuperBowl win, it won't be that big of a blow anyhow. THe trophy they can have, he does keep the gold ring from what I've read.

6. Td91g profile image55
    Td91gposted 7 years ago

Personally, i think he should still have the Heisman. He's been known as the Heisman trophy winner for a few years now. The fact that the NCAA took this away from him doesn't do any harm. No matter what he did, none of it helped him on the field, or accomplish what he did. He will still be recognized as one of the most electrifying college football players of the past decade. Not to mention he's in the NFL now, and making millions, his college days are far behind him.

Closed to reply

working