jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is a good workout to build muscle in your legs and core for tennis?

1. profile image47
    nchinposted 7 years ago

What is a good workout to build muscle in your legs and core for tennis?

What is a good way to gradually build muscle without injury

2. kaltopsyd profile image79
    kaltopsydposted 7 years ago

Doing squats and lunges are good to build your lower body muscles. It also works the core. Hold your arms out and you get a good workout in your arms too. smile

3. Mynde profile image81
    Myndeposted 7 years ago

Hello,

Maybe my advice will sound a bit strange, but i would recomend reading this book: Kelly Baggett "Vertical Jump Development Bible". It mostly talks about improving your jump, however the trainings it describes fits to all kinds of sports. There are different trainings with weights in sport gym that helps to build some muscle and improve your explosive force on your legs.
    It also describes how all your muscles work and how they should be trained so i think you will find what you need as he mentions from time to time and different kind of sports. Also this training helps to improve your speed.

4. almurray profile image71
    almurrayposted 7 years ago

You need to concentrate on exercises working rotational strength for your core. And also good anaerobic exercises and leg power exercises.

Plyometric exercises will work well like tuck jumes and split squat jumps.

For rotational strength look for things like the wordchop. Or work in some great compound exercises with what kaltopsyd has said such as a lunge to a reverse woodchop using a cable pulley system or a medicine ball.

working