What is the best lower abs workout for women to get flat abs?
Your lower abs are one of the toughest areas of the body to target.
Lower ab exercises often involve raising your legs to put strain on your lower abs. The leg raise is one of the best lower ab exercises that will get you lower abs.
I would recommend you search on Google for - Lower abs exercises as there are so many variations - remember quality not quantity when it comes to lower abs exercises. Also do not over do it as it could lead to injury and pain.
All the best
The Butterfly Crunch, lie on back, knees relaxed out to side, place feet together, cradle head with hands, press abdomen into your back and lift. Works wonders I have done it for year, nice 6 pack almost, works top abs as well.
Here's a good site I found that really helped. It gave me great workouts and diet tips and showed me what I was doing wrong before...there's even lots of free articles on the site..
Good luck to you!
Unfortunately I am going to have to disagree with the previous comments.
There is no way to spot-reduce AND there is not a way to 'target' your lower abs. Your rectus abdominis (which is the muscle that shows you the famous 'six pack') is ONE muscle that only appears to be divided. A fibrous connective sheet (think of the plastic on a six pack of cans) holds the muscle in place and gives it the six (sometimes 4 or 5) distinct looking muscles. When people refer to working their lower abs (such as leg raises) they simply recruit the hip flexors to do some (or most) of the work.
If you are trying to get rid of the last few inches or that "pooch" that everyone refers to consider this:
Your diet has to be intact!
- Try cutting carbohydrates (especially simple carbs) the last 3 hours before bed. Carbohydrates (energy) late in the day will result in an insulin spike and later fat retention.
- Increase your fiber intake and limit red meat to once a week. It can take red meat (pork, beef, etc) up to 3 and 4 days to fully digest and guess where it sits? In your intestines which can make you look bloated. The average person can hold (gross) around 8 lbs of waste in their digestive system at any time. Eliminating saturated fats and red meats combined with proper fiber intake (around 25 grams per day) can help get rid of some of that unwanted weight.
Work your larger muscle groups!
- To get rid of 1lb of fat you need a calorie deficit of 3500. And while working your core is important (for postural reasons, etc) you should focus on multi joint movements that work your legs, back, or upper frontal torso (chest, shoulders). Jump squats, push ups or rows will burn many more calories than your traditional crunch
Choose the correct type of Ab workout!
- Focus not on your outer, but on your inner layer of abs. When doing a crunch you work primarily your force producers (rectus abdominis). Try doing a plank! As your inner (underneath layer) abs get stronger they can literally draw your stomach in.. at least to some degree. So the saying "suck your stomach in while you're driving" has some validity.
- Do functional abs. A burpee: you work your abs AND the rest of your body for tons of calories.
Sorry for the lengthy answer.
Have fun and good luck!
have you tried leg raises?
you can do them lying on a bench or suspended at the pullup bar.
it is the hardest ab part to get results with, that's where people store the last bit of fat. anything that will get your legs raising is good. even squatting will help.
Planks and pushups are a great workout for not only your abs but also work your arms and back. Years ago, I spent so much time doing crunches. I haven't done a crunch in a long time.
In general, bodyweight exercises are a great way to burn fat and build muscle. I do lots of variations of squats, lunges, and combination exercises like the burpee.
Best ~ fitmom
I hope you don't mind me saying,but don't look like you need any workout you look absolutely fine to me...
by Anne-Marie4 years ago
Why does my lower back hurts when I do abs workout?I lay down on my back and do several different sit-ups, sometimes with the upper body, sometimes with the legs getting up and down. But my lower back always hurt. I can...
by Super Lux5 years ago
What's the fastest and most effective way of getting flat absbe it exercise, diet or whatnot, what do you suggesting is the best way of getting rid of those flabby abs
by websclubs6 years ago
how to lose your belly and get flat six pack abs?
by Pankaj Pathak7 years ago
How to get 8 pack abs?Please also tell proper diet plan for making good abs.
by Derrick Bennett5 years ago
How can I do ab exercises without feeling back pains?Everytime I start my ab workout my lower back begins to hurt any advice
by absperfection5 years ago
do you believe that sit ups alone can get you to have perfect abs?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.