jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should Derek Jeter have accepted 3 years at $15 million a season?

1. bogerk profile image66
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

Should Derek Jeter have accepted 3 years at $15 million a season?

In my opinion, that was a fairly generous offer by the New York Yankees for a shortstop in the twilight of his career coming off one of his worst seasons - a season that could be the trend rather than the exception.

I hate the Yankees - but I am actually on their side in this argument.

2. JordanBucher profile image61
    JordanBucherposted 7 years ago

Absolutely, Derek Jeter should have accepted the Yankees offer. He's lucky they offered him that much. As he gets older his stats will decline to worse than they have in the past, and show that he wasn't worth the price they gave him. However, he's been on that team since the mid 90's, so he probably thought that he deserves some more money than that.

3. merobinson2 profile image71
    merobinson2posted 7 years ago

For sure, I hate the Yankees but have a lot of respect for Jeter. But his stats have already declined quite a bit. In my opinion that outfielder Gardner is already a better lead off hitter than Jeter and honestly he has always been overated defensively. On the other hand, Jeter is a future hall of famer and the hits leader for the yanks, which is pretty impressive. We all know the Yankees have tons of money and there is no reason they cant give him a great contract just out of respect.

4. Powerful Pierre profile image78
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

I agree he's in the "twilight" but he is the Yankee player that leads by example. He;;s worth every penny far more than the other stars who shall remain nameless and NO Bo Im not a fan of this team either. GO  Bluejays!!

Closed to reply

working