jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How will the retirement of Andy Petitte affect the New York Yankees this season?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

How will the retirement of Andy Petitte affect the New York Yankees this season?

2. racquetsportatlas profile image56
    racquetsportatlasposted 7 years ago

Yankees will have a rough time. Their stars have already fallen out of their prime, except Robinson Cano. A-Rod, Jeter, Texiera will all probably have down years. Neither their starting pitching or bullpen will be all that great either. Pettitte isn't the cause of all this, but he's just another piece of the Yankees puzzle that is falling off. Not only that, but the Red Sox really bolstered their lineup. And the Rays have added Johnny Damon and Manny Ramirez. The Yankees will have a rough year

3. Tom T profile image69
    Tom Tposted 7 years ago

I hate to say it but the Yankees are still going to be a force. They will figure out a way to get through until the end of July then go find another pitcher. (Maybe even Petitte himself or how about Pedro?)  They still have one of the toughest lineups around and if Teixeira can have a decent start they will be better. 

Problem is so will most of the rest of the division. I think Baltimore is better.  Boston certainly got better.  Tampa is not better but they are still good.  Toronto is no slouch. 

Should be an interesting race.

4. profile image0
    DaveLawrenceMusicposted 7 years ago

I'm still hoping that if we need another starter in July, the Yanks can talk Petitte into coming back for the stretch run in the second half of the season.

working