jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)

How was our lifes, before, Facebook, twitter,My Space?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

How was our lifes, before, Facebook, twitter,My Space?

Looking back , before, facebook Twitter, My space, and some nameless social media sites, how did people passed their time, before the internet became a part of our lifes.

2. tomy101 profile image72
    tomy101posted 6 years ago

I could live without them , They are really just nothing sites to me

3. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 6 years ago

Then, had to physically appear to attend social gatherings, now, can go to virtual gatherings in FB Groups, etc.  Probably have become a 'PC potato' now.. smile

4. aprilajune profile image59
    aprilajuneposted 6 years ago

My life was much simpler way back when and I was REALLY HAPPY to have it a little slower.

Now, it's kind of exciting, but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day anymore.

I liked the slower pace better but I like the communication capabilities much more.

5. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

one more site I forget to mention is Hubpages(smile

6. Rich Inkman profile image57
    Rich Inkmanposted 6 years ago

I could really live without modern technology (or twitter, facebook etc.) as long as no one else had it either, lol

I really think that it is a "Keeping up with the Jones" thing.  Who wants to be left out when all your friends are doing it, right?

Just think about the frontier age or the dark ages.  What did they do to pass the time?  Probably whatever their friends or family was doing.

Funny how the world evolves and we all follow suit, or be left out in the cold, IMO

7. surfcaster2010 profile image79
    surfcaster2010posted 6 years ago

I've been on Facebook a few times and twitter recently but honestly, other than entertainment, these things don't really do much for me. I spend more time on news sites like cnn.com or espn.com, even local news.  Facebook seems like a place where 300 million people go to mill around and wonder what's going on. But no real value in the grand scheme of things.

8. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Just as it is now.  I am not a member of any of them although I have become addicted to hubpages.

9. jwblackwell profile image61
    jwblackwellposted 6 years ago

I do think about this, the time you spend on Facebook. Just a few checks a day and youve spent over an hour, thats 7 hours a week, 28 a month, or 14 days a year on facebook!

10. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

we played outside, read books, worked, helped others etc.

11. N.Q profile image61
    N.Qposted 6 years ago

It was as simple as it is right now. I can live without them. But these are good mediums to stay connected with friends.

12. yiasa profile image59
    yiasaposted 6 years ago

Let me share a experience with you. When I first saw one of my favorite manga it wasn't like I would die for it or I can't pass a day without seeing it. But Now it has become like a addiction. And even if it is no longer interested to me I have to see it . Because i am bound to it. I started using Facebook in 2007. There's almost nothing that I don't know about Facebook. Yet I don't find it interesting . it was hard but i am out of it. But look my life is more enjoyable now. I now work hard and play games like football, cricket or say video games and I can study more rather than that period of time. I can give hundred of reasons why Facebook is doing harm to us. But you already know That.

13. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

It was a time where you had to go out to make money. With the coming of the social networks came the whole idea of being able to make money online. Also, we are starting to lean towards technology instead of real life experiences, if that makes any sense. It is less of an encouragement for people to go out and do things now.

14. profile image0
    CollBposted 6 years ago

I'd gone to a lot of writers' events, attended functions that exhibited artwork and writers' circles, library functions and just any event that I thought was of interest.

Now I tweet and use Facebook a lot and of course now hubpages which has a wealth of information I haven't seen elsewhere.

I do a mixture of both using the internet (twitter, Facebook, hubpages and my website) and events as well as functions and both types of media related contents, work really well!

15. jennysbus profile image62
    jennysbusposted 6 years ago

It's like the TV is non-existent anymore as I used to watch tv all the time.

16. Fez360 profile image52
    Fez360posted 6 years ago

Just normal...and more fun...more quality time with friends and family no computer 24/7 was fun/

17. rojanetkh profile image55
    rojanetkhposted 6 years ago

Really, I could live without them. But these technologies can make me stay connected with friends.

18. Kavita Martin profile image57
    Kavita Martinposted 6 years ago

Today Social Media is  important in our life, could not live without them.

19. octopus24 profile image52
    octopus24posted 6 years ago

send msm now with better technology phones are smaller and better range
    msm just not social pages

20. mortgage-news profile image61
    mortgage-newsposted 6 years ago

We actually talked on the phone and had one on one conversations with friends and family.  That type of communciation is going out the window.