jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who is more influential to the development of soccer in America, Cristiano Ronal

1. surfcaster2010 profile image80
    surfcaster2010posted 7 years ago

Who is more influential to the development of soccer in America, Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4936209_f260.jpg

2. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

honestly neither, America wont take soccer into our hearts until they make it less boring. Theres to many yellow cards, to much crying, and the guys arent tough like in other sports!

3. Fix Computers profile image60
    Fix Computersposted 7 years ago

Cristiano Ronaldo because he has dated Paris Hilton.

4. Esquae profile image56
    Esquaeposted 7 years ago

Americans don't get football.

If they don't get a sport, they change it and bastardise it until they can be the only teams playing it and they call their winners, the world champions.

MLB and NFL come to mind.

Why waste time trying to move into the American market when the asian sides offer more in footballing talent and fan base.

I'd send MOURINHO over to the US to insult the hell out of every team, player, manager and fan with no intention of apologising.

Send the most arrogant man in football to the most arrogant sporting nation in the world. Jose will still come out on top.

5. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

Out of those two options, I'd say more Americans know who Cristiano Ronaldo is over Lio Messi. If Beckham's name couldn't bring more attention than a small spark to American soccer, I honestly don't see much hope here. Didn't help that he abandoned his contract and kind of spit on MLS virtually.

6. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Both in different ways. If you're looking to promote football then Ronaldo is much more of a dominate figure, he looks the part and has worked on his skills for years. He's more of a show-off then Messi and would be able to capture many of the Americans eyes.

If you're looking to showcase footballing talents round the globe, Messi is your guy. He will show America how good a player can be at football, and maybe make Americans better themselves to try and become Messi.

But, in all honesty I cannot see football or "soccer" as named in America kicking off there. Even though they've got an international side and do have some teams such as LA Galaxy. I don't think I've ever seen an America street where the children are playing soccer and I don't think I will for a while.

7. DJProfessorK profile image61
    DJProfessorKposted 6 years ago

Neither, it's down to David Beckham or Thierry Henry

working