jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your best camping out experience ever?

1. shamani67 profile image61
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

What is your best camping out experience ever?

I live in Australia and work out bush in the Northern Territory. Would love to hear other peoples experiences when out camping.

2. Esmeowl12 profile image82
    Esmeowl12posted 6 years ago

It's hard to pick just one, as we are avid campers and every experience is worth remembering. One of my favorites, however, is one of the first times we camped in Cades Cove, in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. As we were sitting and enjoying nature, several white-tailed deer walked right through our campsite in front of us. It was amazing.

3. profile image50
    Rooksterposted 6 years ago

Easy, easy almost to easy of a question to answer!
    BEST camping experience ever?
    How about a guy turning 40 years old (blush) -so what he does to celebrate his fortieth birthday is:
    -Go down to San Diego, California and rent a big, black HARLEY motorcycle
    -Take that Harley ALL over the southern California hills, highways and paths
    -Up through Temecula wine country
    -Up past Big Bear Mountain
    -Up into Joshua Tree National Park (just east of Palm Springs)
    Then, park the bike, set up the tent and begin to enjoy the awesome views!
    (ever been to Joshua Tree?)
    From there I hiked ALL over the park, did some rock climbing and saw wild animals throughout the park.
    Ate a whole lot of wonderful, open fire meals. Hmm!
    Breathed a WHOLE lot of fresh air!
    Saw some of the deepest orange sunsets that a person should be allowed to see.
    I specifically remember enjoying one of the BEST open fire breakfasts that I've ever had in my life. Meat (bought and kept from the store...) smoking-over the fire- in the cool morning air...
    Also, I climbed up on some of the rocks near my campground and took a picture of my campsite. The big ole' Harley looked like a play toy-from how high I was up on the rocks.
    The breeze, goin' through your hair-riding down desert trails with tumbleweeds crossing your path-and doin it when your turning 40.
    Nuthin' Like It !

Personally-I could not have had a better fortieth birthday !

Joshua Tree National Park-check it out !

P.S. Yea, I BELIEVE in the "California hiking trails" at Joshua Tree Park. Just had an article published where I brag on the hiking there-a bit.

Case anyone is interested:
    http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/Lo … re/2988063

One last thing. True Story. My Uncle is a former world traveling geologist (many expeditions). Concerning Joshua Tree he told me this after his first visit there.
    "Boy, there ain't no place on earth like that place."

Vote count?

One for Joshua Tree National Monument Park !
    BEST outdoor camping experience- EVER!

4. Turtlewoman profile image94
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

Pismo Beach camping is a great idea for a family event. Read about our annual summer adventures in Pismo Beach. read more