jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the most Bizarre Thing You have ever encountered On a Camping Trip?

1. Jenneez profile image59
    Jenneezposted 6 years ago

What is the most Bizarre Thing You have ever encountered On a Camping Trip?

Some friends and I were on a canoe camping trip a few years ago and it was extremely hot? We always brought extra tents for coolers, food, etc. We hop on our canoes get going for the day, we all stop to take a dip and cool off, a man blends into the background across the river, he's naked watching us. Later, that night we setup camp, we get settled in for the night, we hear sumone walking around our tents, was a little freaky. We all did our duties in pop bottles through the night, noone would leave their tents! Was pretty bizarre night!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5114140_f260.jpg

2. brenda12lynette profile image82
    brenda12lynetteposted 6 years ago

When my fiance and I were hiking at the Grand Canyon, there was a family that passed us carrying all their gear in plastic shopping bags and school backpacks.  We were certain they were only going down a short way considering their limited gear.  Nope.  They went all the way to the bottom.

3. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

A lightning shower in Turkey last summer where a lightning bolt hit the local mosque during call to prayer at 5 AM in the morning

4. Pintoman profile image61
    Pintomanposted 6 years ago

We were blocked in our campsite by a bunch of hippies or some such creatures. When they saw my Dad's gun in his hand they all decided to leave.

5. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

My summer camp as a teen took an outpost trip; we were camped at Lake of the Woods in Tahoe backcountry.  The night was perfectly clear when we went to bed.  We were awaked at 2am to a terrific thunderstorm.  Since it rarely rains in the summer there, we weren't prepared, so we pulled the long plastic tarp on which we were laying, over our heads and lay on the bare ground in our sleeping bags.  Apparently, we weren't the only unprepared ones; someone had camped on top of Pyramid Peak, the highest peak in the area, and they were flashing SOS signals!
    The next morning dawned as clear as the previous evening.  The only way you'd know there was a thunderstorm was that everything was wet.

working