jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What's more "manly sport? American football or British rugby? :)

1. IndiePharm profile image73
    IndiePharmposted 6 years ago

What's more "manly sport? American football or British rugby? smile

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5584242_f260.jpg

2. SimeyC profile image97
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

Rugby! All 15 players stay on for offense and defense, they have no padding,

Well to be honest - you can't really compare truly as you can generally only tackel the man with the ball in Rugby - so it's less of a contact sport in a way!

3. mythicalstorm273 profile image80
    mythicalstorm273posted 6 years ago

I believe most people would say that the more 'manly sport' would be rugby, which is a harsh game with a great chance of injury.  The idea about this though is what makes a sport manly? I believe that all sports pose a certain degree of 'manliness' and it all depends on how you look at it.  Is it considered manly to engage in a sport that although entertaining and fun is dangerous? Or would it be more manly to protect yourself and your body and yet still have a fairly brutal game with just as much entertainment? It all depends on how you look at it.  I greatly enjoy both games but do not consider either of them 'manly.' I am a girl and I enjoy playing both games as well (although not in the extremes but just for the aspects of the sport).  If you believe one sport is manly over the other I have a tendency to believe you are laying down the stereotype of man and especially now days there should be no extreme stereotypes!

4. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

In sport the way manliness is seen in the world; the rougher it is the more manly it is. therefore have to choose Rugby.

5. HERBERT ubaldo profile image60
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

I think same, more actions on both sports, more contacts and more mental alertness.

6. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

British Rugby or course, we don't wear any padding Rugby is a man's game played with odd shaped balls!......

7. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I'm going to have to go with Rugby. No padding, brutal tackles, punch ups. It's got it all :-D.

working