jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What's your favourite sports rivalry?

1. samtenabray profile image61
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

What's your favourite sports rivalry?

2. profile image0
    ThomasRydderposted 6 years ago

Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens. Both excellent defenses, and the two teams really don't like each other. Every game, no matter the outcome, is smash-mouth football.

3. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Missouri Tigers and Kansas Jayhawks.  But now that we are in the SEC, I'm sure that will all change.  Maybe our new rivalry will be Texas ATM!

4. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Hello, I would have to go back to my roots. Liverpool v. Everton, this pair of football clubs (soccer) divides families in the city of Liverpool. Two brothers I know were supporters of the teams, one Liverpool the other Everton. Then one Christmas a relative got the sizes of the team kits mixed up. The brothers got the wrong kits, after that they switched allegience to the teams and fight continually about which teeam is best.

Ah! To be in Liverpool on a Derby game day. smile

5. ivantsoft profile image60
    ivantsoftposted 6 years ago

Real - Barcelona. Those guys know how to play soccer! They derbies are awesome!

6. ithabise profile image83
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

The absolute greatest (for me) would have to have been Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi. My world stopped when I knew they had to meet one another. There's something like that now with Federer and Nadal, but it has never reached that level yet. Pete and Andre were great until the day they put the rackets away.

7. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Definitely the Packers and the Vikings. It used to be the Packers and the Bears and although that rivalry is still alive and well, the Vikings have edged out the Bears in my opinion. Of course...Dallas is right up there too. smile

GO PACK!!

8. Shawn Scarborough profile image83
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 6 years ago

The Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins.  This rivalry has been going on for over 40 years.  It doesn't matter which team is "better" when they play.  When the Cowboys were 1-15 in 1989, the one victory was against the Redskins.  In 1992, when the Cowboys were 13-3 and won the Super Bowl, the Redskins beat them for one of their three losses.

9. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Newcastle vs Sunderland. My sporting rivalry.

10. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

My favorite would be the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. The rivalry goes back many years but it is still "fun" to watch.

11. Nurfninja profile image56
    Nurfninjaposted 6 years ago

The University of Georgia vs. Georgia Tech or Tennessee

12. ttocs profile image91
    ttocsposted 6 years ago

As an ardent Lakers fan, Lakers - Celtics!