jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Even Super Obama couldn't Rally the Olympics for Chicago in 2014.

1. sooner than later profile image57
    sooner than laterposted 8 years ago

Rio de Janeiro will host the summer games in 2016. I think its good for Brazil. I wonder if it was insulting for the president and first lady when the rest of the world voted Chicago out, especialy because he made a "special" speach and all.

First round- slam

2. livelonger profile image96
    livelongerposted 8 years ago

I think you meant 2016.

Good for Rio - a beautiful location and Latin America's first Olympics.

sooner than laterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes I did, i think I was getting the world cup pull confused. Which they won as well.

3. thranax profile image50
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

I don't want to go to Brazil...I guess I won't be able to go to the Olympics live for a lot more years. I thought Madrid Spain and Japan still had a chance for it to be there?

~thranax~

4. ronaldoh profile image78
    ronaldohposted 8 years ago

im surprised, they must be confident Rio has every thing in place.Security must be the biggest issue

that will be their hurdle(security)

I was there 3 years ago, I didn't feel very safe in many areas.

2. maribin profile image60
      maribinposted 8 years agoin reply to this

for sure, it's security reasons,
      what I can recall, there was  one well known actor from India was stranded in the airport for one hour, somewhere in US, for questioning, for sure they can't do that for thousands of people who gonna come here for olympics.
      And also,  US can't give easily a tourist visa to other countries,  while Brazil, they are happy to issue tourist visa, and of course if more tourist will come and visit your countries more money will come.    That's my opinion.

5. manlypoetryman profile image77
    manlypoetrymanposted 8 years ago

Whoops...swing and a miss...Y'er Out!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/baseball/images/051012alcs-strikeout.jpg

6. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 8 years ago

Sucks for us here in Chicago, there were thousands of jobs riding on that bid.  Oh well.

It does. Maybe next time.

7. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

Downer for Chicago, but I'd LOVE to go to Rio.  I hear it's awesome.  Following China is a tough act.

8. johnjones profile image59
    johnjonesposted 8 years ago

The Amnesty International cited high incidence of police brutality in Chicago as a compelling reason why the 2016 Olympiad should not be held in Obama's city.

Chicago City has a bad reputation in terms of civil rights violations so I think that was one of the few reasons why Obama's efforts did not bear good results.

working