jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Did you ever go gold or treasure hunting and find something?

1. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Did you ever go gold or treasure hunting and find something?

2. The Dirt Farmer profile image96
    The Dirt Farmerposted 6 years ago

My husband and I have gone geocaching. It's a lot of fun, an excuse to get out in the woods and play with the GPS. And it's pretty cool when you actually find a cache.

3. Shake Shah profile image69
    Shake Shahposted 6 years ago

I have searched for treasures in hubpages and found many useful hub treasures!!!

4. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

I once went geo chching too as a teen.  It was a fun adventure.  It is always fun to experience something new to learn the how to of finding a beautiful natural stone.

5. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago

Yes,as a kid at the family cabin we often pan for gold.  Brothers had a dredge and we all got pretty good at panning for gold.

6. Geocache profile image54
    Geocacheposted 5 years ago

I have found over 500 caches, but unfortunately no gold yet smile However, I know some geocachers who use metal detector to find will-hidden caches, maybe some of them find more than a geocache using this.

1. starstream profile image76
      starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like alot of caches. Perhaps you are right. Keep searching and expect to find a treasure soon!

7. john000 profile image97
    john000posted 3 years ago

I hunt for placer gold. I am a member of a treasure hunting club in Apache Junction, Arizona and we go out to gold claims that we own and spend a day socializing and working the placers. It is a lot of work but fun also if you happen to find an area where some gold dust has collected. Frequently you find nothing, but other times it is exciting when you are finding a bit of the brilliant yellow that is gold.
    Once I found a silver ring with my metal detector. The stone was gone but I was excited. I have also found old civil war era military jacket and pants buttons near old sites of forts.

working