Should Rush Limbaugh be allowed to purchase the St. Louis Rams knowing that 66% of NFL players are African American and has made several racist comments directed towards this race?
When has the NFL allowed any ethics to get in the way of a dollar? Let him have it if he wants the headache.
You should read what he really said, or better yet, listen to it. The statement he made was not racist at all. Don't judge until you know the truth. Don't believe everything you read.
I personally don't have a problem with Rush Limbaugh because at least I know where he stands.
10 Racist Rush Limbaugh Quotes
1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.
2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.
5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.
6. The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.
7. They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?
8. Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).
9. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.
10. Limbaugh attacks on Obama. Limbaugh has called Obama a ‘halfrican American’ has said that Obama was not black but Arab because Kenya is an Arab region, even though Arabs are less than one percent of Kenya. Since mainstream America has become more accepting of African-Americans, Limbaugh has decided to play against its new racial fears, Arabs and Muslims. Despite the fact Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law school, Limbaugh has called him an ‘affirmative action candidate.’ Limbaugh even has repeatedly played a song on his radio show ‘Barack the Magic Negro’ using an antiquated Jim Crow era term for black a man who many Americans are supporting for president. Way to go Rush.
If they weren't racist why were the people of this particular race offended?
Considering their current 0-5 record, he could probably pick them up for a bottle of Vicodan. Heaven knows, the current owner could use it more than Rush could about now.
Looks like it's dead for Rush, but a couple of those quotes aren't accurate:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 78942.html
by Ron Montgomery 9 years ago
Some players have already stated publicly that they would refuse to play for a team in which Rush was a shareholder. Do the players have a right to decide who can own a team?
by fishskinfreak2008 9 years ago
Limbaugh has gone too far with his latest attack on Massachusetts Sen. Ted Kennedy: ""Before it's all over, it'll be called the Ted Kennedy Memorial Health Care bill". THIS IS A PERSONAL ATTACK. Rush, it's OK to disagree with someone's ideas, but this statement makes it sound like...
by Stacie L 6 years ago
Radio commentator Rush Limbaugh announced today that he is getting a divorce from his fourth wife, Kathryn Rogers. Limbaugh blamed his marital problems on President Obama's support for gay marriage, claiming that his own relationship simply could not take the strain of Obama's "war on...
by Jack Lee 15 months ago
He made a profound statement which is one of his strong suit being the success he is on talk tadio.He said of the establishment Politicians in Washington - that they cannot afford to have President Trump succeed in his agenda. They cannot have an outsider come to Washington with zero experience and...
by marinealways24 9 years ago
All opinions respected. Who would win a debate between Obama and Limbaugh?
by Sooner28 6 years ago
As most people who are not living under a rock know, Joseph Kony, the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army, has been kidnapping children in Uganda in order to force them to be soldiers and sex slaves. Then a documentary surfaced called "Invisible Children." It moves the heart...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|