jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is running 100 miles all at once good for your health?

1. Dallan Manscill profile image47
    Dallan Manscillposted 6 years ago

Is running 100 miles all at once good for your health?

2. Adamowen profile image79
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

I think that amount of physical exertion on ones body is damaging to joints, tendons, ligaments and bones. Ultimately it can be done "safely" but be prepared to suffer some problems in the future (especially runners knee). This may increase ones mental capacity to break through plateaus on the positive.

Another point for consideration is, bettering this performance level on a regular basis to maintain and improve physical endurance. It isn't logical to run 100miles every week or every other week, so in a sense it is pointless unless it was a one off event.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

It would not be good for mine!

I would be huffing, puffing and inviting a  heart attack!

4. Fatcattango profile image60
    Fatcattangoposted 6 years ago

It won't do it any harm if you are fit and prepared. The human body has evolved to run distances - standing on 2 feet, achilles tendons etc - so it is not that unnatural a thing to do.

I believe that anyone who builds up slowly; gets strong enough; finds the right shoes; gets their diet right and so on could do it - if they want it enough.

5. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

Get real that's 4 marathons at once, nobody's body is made to do that. Biking yes, running no.

working