jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

According to you, who among the following 15 is the greatest footballer today?

1. Shake Shah profile image70
    Shake Shahposted 5 years ago

According to you, who among the following 15 is the greatest footballer today?

1. Messi
    2. Kaka
    3. Cristiano Ronaldo
    4. Fernando Torres
    5. Fabrigas
    6. Shevchengo
    7. Lahm
    8. Xavi
    9. Iniesta
    10. Robben
    11. Nasri
    12. Rooney
    13. Ibrahimovic
    14. Samaras
    15. Cassano

2. CCahill profile image80
    CCahillposted 5 years ago

3. Cristiano Ronaldo - If Football was played 1v1 he would beat anyone hands down

3. profile image47
    brodineposted 5 years ago

Today its either Messi or Christiano, they are both dominate forces that no other teams are able to handle. But in my opinion Messi hands down is the best. while Christiano Rinaldo is usually favored by the fans for his amazing goals, he is not a team player at all, while Messi is an all around amazing player. Messi has that ability to orchestrate his team better than anyone else, and be that play maker to not always be the one that is scoring, but be the one off the ball making the moves that make the differences. Not many greats have this and thats why Messi is the best.

4. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Off that list I would go for Xavi. The intricate passing and pinpoint accuracy show how football should be played. He typifies Barcelona and their fantastic football alongside Iniesta. Messi wouldn't be in the same league without their great service.

I like to see a player who's a footballer not a media showman and thereforeI can't agree with anyone over Cristiano Ronaldo being the greatest footballer today. If he stayed on his feet and cut out the dives and cynical play then he would be twice the player in my eyes. He's too flash and arrogant but to many maybe that's part of his charm.

1. DaveysRecipeRead profile image60
      DaveysRecipeReadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree!

5. Lorenzo27 profile image75
    Lorenzo27posted 5 years ago

Look at my profile-photo and you'll have my answer... wink

6. dinkan53 profile image77
    dinkan53posted 5 years ago

I am a great fan of Shevchenko. He again proved that he is the best by striking 2 goals against Sweden on Monday night in the Euro 2012 match.

7. Donnacha C profile image80
    Donnacha Cposted 5 years ago

Messi is the best ever, no questions asked. How the hell did the likes of Rooney, Ibra, Samaras, Torres, Cassano, Robben, Nasri and Lahm ended up on this list? Don't get me wrong they are all good players, but very far from being the greatest....Where is Zidane, Maldini, Del Piero, Gullit, Van Basten, Beckham, Bergkamp, Henry etc?

1. CyclingFitness profile image94
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The lack of any top class defender in the list detracts from its quality. (and the presence of Samaras questions the posters knowledge on the sport)