jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Will Roger Clemens get into the Baseball Hall of Fame on the first ballot?

1. Bruce A. Beaudet profile image83
    Bruce A. Beaudetposted 5 years ago

Will Roger Clemens get into the Baseball Hall of Fame on the first ballot?

Give a detailed answer.

2. thelyricwriter profile image91
    thelyricwriterposted 5 years ago

I really don't see him getting in. He will be just like Pete Rose. The trial did help him because some will feel that he didn't take the performance drugs, but I believe most will not. As far as his stats, with 7 Cy Young Awards I believe, without question. I really believed he should have taken the seat and spoke for his name. Since he didn't do that either, I can't see it happening. Perhaps, down the road sometime decades from now, but probably not.

3. Eric L. Andrews profile image55
    Eric L. Andrewsposted 5 years ago

Not a chance.  Writers and other voters have jumped onto the pious cloud even though they loved the big numbers while Sosa, Palmeiro, McGuire, Bonds, Clemens and the other 'roid users played.

4. catfish33 profile image82
    catfish33posted 5 years ago

Absolutely not.  Not with Curt Schilling and Craig Biggio on the ballot for the first time this year.

5. KeenanEM profile image61
    KeenanEMposted 5 years ago

Not on the first ballot. Will he get in eventually? I think so. But, to get in on the first ballot you have to have a pristine career free from the cloud of performance enhancers

6. Jeff Gamble profile image74
    Jeff Gambleposted 5 years ago

He won't make it on the first ballot, the writers will see to that. I think he'll make it eventually, likely on his last opportunity (15 years?) or through one of the special committee votes.

working