jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Will you watch the Euro Cup 2012 final?

1. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Will you watch the Euro Cup 2012 final?

Are you planning to watch the Euro Cup final? Why or why not? Do the teams in the final effect whether you watch the game or not? (game will be played Sunday, July 1st 2:45 EST)

2. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I must have watched 80% of the matches, perhaps more, being an avid fan of all things football. I'll be looking for Spain to outpass even Pirlo in the final and retain their crown.
    Having said that Italy always spring surprises when their nation is under scrutiny - corruption, bad debt and so forth - and it'll be fascinating to watch them try and squeeze something out of this game.
    Balotelli was the man who helped keep the Germans out of the final but Pirlo was the playmaker. What a footballer. If I didn't like Spain's style of football so much I'd give Euro 2012 to Pirlo alone for his vision, passing and calm authority.

3. James Vernon profile image73
    James Vernonposted 5 years ago

I've watched it all and i would watch the final anyway regardless of who is in it. I'll be watching and really wanting Italy to win as i mych prefer how they play to the way that Spain play.

4. edmob1 profile image60
    edmob1posted 5 years ago

Having followed the competition from the start it would be rediculous to avoid the final based on the teams involved.
    Also having no attachment to either team should make for more relaxed viewing of the match.

5. CCahill profile image81
    CCahillposted 5 years ago

I always watch any top level final, regardless of whether my own team is in it. As a fan of good Football first and foremost, Its just great to see Football played to a high standard and the way its meant to be, the elite against the elite, both sides playing with passion and usually a high tempo and pressing game as both teams go for broke. Spain vs Italy should be a good game and im looking forwards to it!

6. barry1001 profile image61
    barry1001posted 5 years ago

They say a great side will win without looking great and Spain have not looked great, certainly not as dominant as they have in previous tournaments.  Though no team has successfully retained their European crown, surely Spain will be too strong for Italy.

7. profile image0
    Richard-Murrayposted 5 years ago

of course. I love the beautiful game to much to not catch a good game or any game when I can .
    BUT, I think your question creates a path to the idea of media.
    England, Spain, France, Germany, Portugal are the media darlings. They each except for Germany have a huge speaking populace outside of Europe.
    Germany has the biggest economy in Europe and largest population. so without the others you lost the the international audience. Without germany you lose a huge chunk of european audience.
    that is why people were hoping for a germany spain. Spain will be watched by a lot of latin america and spain. So would portugal if they won. Italy's success will drop the numbers as Italy don't have a huge speaking community outside of Europe. And, Italian soccer is in the media consindered third rate. So economically if Italy win it will be a boon but the viewership numbers come in because of Spain.

1. internpete profile image90
      internpeteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

yeah, great point.

8. gmarquardt profile image88
    gmarquardtposted 5 years ago

Absolutely! We don't have ESPN but we hook up our laptop to our television and watch every game. We will be there on Sunday!

9. sonison profile image73
    sonisonposted 5 years ago

This is the tournament among the best teams in Europe. I am neither supporting Italy nor Spain but i want to see the good football skills. There are good players in both the teams and definitely final will be a cracking match. So by no means i will be missing that match.

Gold to the glory is that the finals happens to be on sunday. Generally all finals take place at the weekend but this sunday would be the first day of the month so no tensions just relax and see the best team win.

10. Suzie HQ profile image96
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

Alas, i am not a big football fan (sorry to the masses!!) however i will watch it as i am curious to see which team wins and will be rooting for Italia!