jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Who in your opinion has been the best premier league player since it's inception

1. mmsu profile image69
    mmsuposted 5 years ago

Who in your opinion has been the best premier league player since it's inception in 1992.

A lot of great players have left their mark in the premier league in the past decade.Players like C.Ronaldo,C.Fabregas,R.Keane,M.Ballack,T.Adams,R.Giggs and many others.
    Who is your pick?

2. S.Graveson profile image64
    S.Gravesonposted 5 years ago

That's a really difficult question. Going through the premier league you have to think of Bergkamp, Zola, Cantona, Henry, Okocha, Juniniho, Reyes...argh *pulls hair out*

In terms of longevity it needs to be either Scholes or Giggs they did so much between themselves and acted as a central part of the Manchester United team for such a length of time that they need to be mentioned even if they weren't technically "the best players" in the league.

For stand out ability Ronaldo, Zola and Bergkamp are, for me impossible to split. Ronaldo was the better "trickster", Zola and Berkamp were however able to read the game so much better than him and worked as part of the team much better.

In terms of goalkeepers the Great Dane is for me the #1 but I could then see arguments for Seaman, Van Der Saar and even Czech.

I've just realised I hate questions like this as they are impossible to answer...

1. mmsu profile image69
      mmsuposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know this is a difficult question to answer with so many good players to choose from but this is the"interesting" thing in this question if you know what i mean.I would overall pick D.Bergkamp

3. CyclingFitness profile image93
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Peter schmeichel. The great Dane was worth at least ten points a season and could psychologically destroy a strikers confidence. Manchester united wouldn't have been as successful without him.

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

There are many; however, because of his pin-point passing skill, and excellent footballing brain I have to go with Beckham, with Solskj√¶r  as a  close second.

1. mmsu profile image69

Hmmm...interesting choice indeed!

5. CCahill profile image81
    CCahillposted 5 years ago

Giggs IS Mr Premier League.. He is the only player to have scored in every single Premier League season so far and must surely now have the most appearances in the premier league. He may not take the headlines like he used to but in his day, he was THE man.

1. CyclingFitness profile image93
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I always thought Giggs was a second rate player in relation to the rest at Manchester United, apart from the wonder goal at Arsenal he's never really shown a particular amount of class to me.

2. mmsu profile image69

I think you are right about that Giggs is definitely Mr Premier League for his most appearances and the moments he has provided us all those years.Every one has their own opinion as it should be in this type of a question.Bergkamp was the best for me

working