jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

USA Team Uniform 2012 Olympics 2012. Is it a big issue because they were made in

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

USA Team Uniform 2012 Olympics 2012. Is it a big issue because they were made in China?

The uniforms for the US Olympic team 2012 to be held in London created controversy because they were made in China. The designer Ralph Lauren promises that next Olympic games, it will be made in USA.

Is this a big or a "much ado about nothing" issue? It became a political issue when it is connected to the unemployment rate in the US.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Being an American, The Olympics carry with them a sense of Great pride for each Nation. I say the Uniforms should be made in the same Country as the athletes wearing them. Plus, It's already a big deal about outsourcing American jobs.

3. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

I think the uniforms should be made the athletics country also. The other controversy is the ridiculous cost, blazer $598, etc. I agree that we should not be outsourcing jobs either.

4. Two Minute Review profile image61
    Two Minute Reviewposted 5 years ago

Should be made in the USA. It's ridiculous that they weren't, and I don't know whose call it was to make them overseas, but that person should be looking for other work after these games are over....

working