jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How will Liverpool do in the upcoming season ?

1. jamesdurk94 profile image78
    jamesdurk94posted 5 years ago

How will Liverpool do in the upcoming season ?

2. CCahill profile image81
    CCahillposted 5 years ago

If EPL history's anything to go by they will perennially under-perform but i just cant imagine a team with that caliber of players finishing in 8th or lower, surely back to the rightful top 6 this year. It's a shame Andy Carroll doesnt appear to fit into Brendan Rodgers passing game plan because i really felt this could have been his year to establish himself, but not without the support of his manager. Not sure results will be instant with Brenden Rodgers but i do trust him to begin slowly installing a good style of play into Liverpool but he will need time to find his personnel, i hear he might offload Adam which i was really suprised about, i thought a player like Adam with his passing ability, would have played right into the hands of Rodgers, perhaps it will be to make way for a Joe Allen bid though, who does actually look like a pretty good prospect, wouldnt be too suprised if he didnt bring the best of Swansea to supply Suarez, who surely must get the goal return his deserves for his peformances this season

3. JBastow profile image81
    JBastowposted 5 years ago

There are at least 6 teams better than Liverpool and these teams are: man u, man city, arsenal, spurs, Newcastle, Chelsea.... So I think top 8.

4. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

Brendan Rodgers performed a minor miracle at Swansea with fresh players and a new style of play that delivered results. He had nothing to lose at this relatively small club (with respect) so the pressure to succeed wasn't that great. At Liverpool he'll not only have to win over the current squad but as history shows, he'll need to convince the supporters, notoriously loyal to those they love and respect, but with little time for those they see as unworthy of L4.

As a Kop regular I feel that Rodgers already has the supporters on his side. The fact that he loves his players to pass and move and pass again will delight the Anfield faithful. Those I've spoken to are very optimistic - they're not yet looking for the Champion's League place but 6th or 5th with good attacking football will do for the coming season. Another long cup run is a must.

The EPL is changing. Manchester City are champions, Newcastle challenged for 4th place, Manchester Utd and Arsenal are both in transition. With strong home form anything is possible, with a striker like Suarez scoring regularly anything is possible, as van Persie showed last season when he took Arsenal racing up the table after a poor start.

This could be the dawn of a new era in L4. All strength to Rodgers, he's a brave and honest fellow and I'd love nothing more than to see him successfully guide the Reds to glory. But he'll have to handle stress if the results are poor, and John Henry has shown himself to be a no nonsense owner with the brand name top priority!

For the coming season LFC fans want more than anything a style of play that is dynamic and has quick accurate passing as default. If Rodgers can establish that success will follow.

5. mmsu profile image70
    mmsuposted 5 years ago

Despite the new manager and the new players brought in,i still personally believe liverpool despite being a big name club with a rich history still lack that creative spark and will again finish out of the top four!

working