jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have a "Bug out Bag" or supplies ready for any form of disaster or emerge

1. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

Do you have a "Bug out Bag" or supplies ready for any form of disaster or emergency?

2. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Not as such. I'm a mountain hiker, though, so I have all the necessary gear, know how to get potable water, can find food most anywhere if I have to, am able to navigate, can build a fire in the rain, and know how to bop an aggressive animal on the bean with a stout staff.

3. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Yes, we have a BoB for each family member. We also have a Bug in Box in case of bad weather that warrants an extended stay inside.

4. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We live in the an area where most people will bug out to - so we will hunker down here if something goes awry - and it seems more likely as time goes on.

5. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 5 years ago

Not specifically, but I keep my purse (with cell phone and keys and medicine in it) within a few feet of me at almost all times, even just around the house. My dog always comes immediately when called and is good at following instructions (stand, hold still, up/down, climb up, jump up, etc.), quiet, bark, and so on. Her medicine is always handy, too, though not with me at all times.

My car (living in MN) is well-equipped from Sept. - May with an ice scraper/snow remover, emergency food, emergency blanket, sleeping bag, and one of those mylar silver "blankets" that unfold from nothing into life-saving. I also have grippers to put under the tires to get un-stuck from a snowbank (not useful like chains, but still useful). I've also got an emergency flare, emergency car repair kit, and probably some other things my mother sneaks into the trunk when I'm not watching.

working