What's in your bug out bag?

1. armysurplus365 profile image61
    armysurplus365posted 5 years ago

What's in your bug out bag?

What kind of stuff do you carry in your bug out bag? Which items do you consider essential?

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Assuming a bug out bag is what I have to run out the door with when I need to bug out, I have two. One is my beach bag - 3 towels, sunscreen, energy drink. My favorite bug out - weather permitting - is the beach. The other is a bag with several current books, my kindle, a writing pad, and two pens. Reading and writing over a long slow meal at a restaurant is my second-best bug-out.

3. Bob Method profile image61
    Bob Methodposted 4 years ago

I pack enough supplies for at least three days of camping outdoors, should it become necessary. Essential items I carry are those that meet the basics of survival like shelter, water, food, security, etc. For shelter I use a tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad. For water, a hydration bladder, bottled water, and a Nalgene bottle with water filter. For security a handgun, along with a machete, knife, and tactical flashlight. For food, a 3600 calorie emergency ration bar, instant oatmeal, granola bars and various snacks. The list goes on but the pattern remains the same, identify a need and pack accordingly.

working