jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Which brand of line and which test for medium spinning rod and reel? Using 12 lb

1. Randall Pruitt profile image61
    Randall Pruittposted 5 years ago

Which brand of line and which test for medium spinning rod and reel? Using 12 lb test mono right now

2. CZCZCZ profile image83
    CZCZCZposted 5 years ago

I have always liked to use 8 and 10lbs test for spinning rod fishing depending on the fish species and the amount of cover in the water that you are fishing.  If you can find it Yo-Zuri hybrid is one of the toughest lines on the market in my opinion been using it for lots of different fishing for many years now.  It has a flurocarbon coatings which makes it work well around heavy cover and makes the line just tough.

Randall Pruittposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ty for the advice. Will look for it. Got a fishing blog up at lake Fishin blogspot com or follow at twitter #rspceo85

3. MikeR1 profile image76
    MikeR1posted 5 years ago

I'm a Trilene man myself.  I have three rods.  Trilene line on all of them.  I have 6lb, 8lb and 12lb test.  I tend to use the 12lb if I am going for something big like lake trout, pike, catfish or surf casting at the beach.  35lb test line for ocean boat fishing.

What are you freshwater fishing for with 12lb line?

Randall Pruittposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I bought a rod and reel combo and it came with 12 lb mono. I haven't been able to change it yet.

working