jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What sport keeps you in the best shape?

1. arizonataylor profile image81
    arizonataylorposted 5 years ago

What sport keeps you in the best shape?

2. securityproducts3 profile image39
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

Probably soccer. There is just soo much running involved. Thats why I play golf

3. ThompsonPen profile image77
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Swimming is one of the best exercises, most certainly. It uses all your parts. So does yoga. However, are you after "in shape" or all over health?
    Yoga has the added benefits of spiritual and mental health along with physical fitness and tightening and limbering. It's also stretching all in one smile
    However, if you are looking for bodily health exercises, you want a combination of swimming, yoga, running, jumping - whatever. Whatever you do, you want something that gets your heart going faster than its normal speed.
    While running isn't the most efficient exercise, it does something that yoga and swimming cant, which is strengthens your bones. The jolt of landing between each step stimulates your body to move more calcium to your bones.

1. ThompsonPen profile image77
      ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

hmm...thought I suppose yoga isn't a sport. Ha ha! silly me smile

4. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6996435_f260.jpg

"What sport keeps you in the best shape?" In my opinion it is the sport that you love to play; therefore, for me it is ice hockey and not on an Olympic size ice (that is too demanding). Since I love to play it (well); I play as much as I can and I want to be in shape so I can "hold-my-own" out there. I do understand that soccer, swimming, long distance marathon running... are definitely more aerobic and physically demanding; however, those I do not enjoy as much or for that matter at all. Therefore, I would be inclined not to do them very much. Thus, they would definitely not keep me in shape...

working