jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

As the Olympic games come to a close, were you inspired to become more physicall

1. tobusiness profile image87
    tobusinessposted 5 years ago

As the Olympic games come to a close, were you inspired to become more physically active?

2. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Funny you should ask that.  I, myself, no, however I have noticed the neighborhood kids all running races and doing gymnastics and hurdling over toys or balancing on an edge of a curb.  Those young minds are certainly caught up in the motivation!

3. bn9900 profile image78
    bn9900posted 5 years ago

There were a number of interviews with athletes asking a simular question.  And for those athletes it was the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, the last summer games held in the US.  Now 16 years later they are on the International stage.  So when you see a kid doing those stunts, get the names and then  remember that in 16 years when your watching the 2028 Olympics. You just might be seeing them on TV saying "The 2012 London Olympics inspired me".

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

not even a bit. to be honest, i feel sorry for the athletes. they spend a rediculous amount of time training to be better then everyone else instead of using that energy and time to make their country a bit better. now most of them go home without getting a medal and start over again , doing the same thing .