jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are bandwagon fans as credible as true fans?

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image90
    aDayInMyLife1posted 5 years ago

Are bandwagon fans as credible as true fans?

2. profile image0
    jlcustompcposted 5 years ago

The short answer is no,

My husband and I like some of the same teams but he is a die hard Saints and LSU fan. I enjoy the Steelers myself and he does as well which makes our marriage that much easier!

3. xero37 profile image61
    xero37posted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. Truth of the matter is, I despise bandwagon fans. I am a Titans fan, through the good times and the bad. People often ask me how I, being from San Antonio, could like a team from Tennessee. Most of "those" people forget that the Tennessee Titans were once the Houston Oilers, Since theh and the Dallas Cowboys were the only two Texas teams, I went with the Oilers as a kid because I hate the Cowboys.

Bandwagon fans pick a team who is currently winning. They do not bother brushing up on the team's history or that of the sport. A friend of mine is a self=proclaimed Broncos fan, and he began liking the team when they won back to back Super Bowls. I once asked him who the Running Back was (something a regular fan of the NFL should know) and he could not answer. Only one of the greatest backs in NFL history.

So no, I do not believe bandwagon fans to be credible.

4. revortay1 profile image66
    revortay1posted 5 years ago

I don't think they come even close. They don't stick around for the tough times and would a significant other that only was there for the good times be as credible as a true one?

5. aDayInMyLife1 profile image90
    aDayInMyLife1posted 5 years ago

I was born and raised in RI therefore a Patriots fan. I moved to NC 5 years ago where their team has sucked and there are many bandwagon fans. People always try and comment that I'm a bandwagon fan. Correction: NO. I am a New Englander a Yankee born and raised. A Patriots fan. Get it right. Thank you smile

6. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

Many bandwagon fans just want to party with winners. If you don't know the history of your favorite team, you are no true fan, just a pretender. If you can't explain what the hypocycloid on the Steelers helmet means, you shouldn't be wearing a hat or jersey with a hypocycloid on it. There are many diehard Steeler fans all over the country. It doesn't matter where you live. It matters whether or not you bleed black and gold.

7. Lynne_Eliz profile image72
    Lynne_Elizposted 5 years ago

True fans are there in good times and bad.  While it is always good to celebrate with each other, there is nothing more comforting to know that when you may be going through the heartbreak of a poor game season, true fans will continue to be right there with you.  The empty spaces will be where the bandwagon fans hope to be when things pick up again, so after a year of poor performance, the true fans will remember which seats were the vacant ones while the bandwagon fans will not have a clue.