jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Has trash talking in the NBA gone overboard or is the league becoming soft ?!

1. itsnocomparingme profile image60
    itsnocomparingmeposted 5 years ago

Has trash talking in the NBA gone overboard or is the league becoming soft ?!

2. Alphadogg16 profile image92
    Alphadogg16posted 5 years ago

Trash talk as been in the NBA forever, not having it would be like eating corn flakes without the milk, its part of the game. The league is getting soft and trying to do away with it along with the physicality of the game. Same with the NFL, both are turning into sissified leagues.

3. Miller2232 profile image61
    Miller2232posted 5 years ago

No, trash talking in the NBA hasn't gone overboard, but the second part I can say that the NBA has gone soft. Trash talking happens, now there are some things you just better watch what your saying because some players don't take it as well as others. When you look at how the NBA was like in the 90's, there is no doubt its soft and when February roles around in 2014, David Stern is history and that will be the greatest day in NBA history.

1. number2son profile image61
      number2sonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, the greatest days in NBA history, were when the 76ers won their NBA Championships.

2. Miller2232 profile image61
      Miller2232posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just in terms of overall play in the NBA, I felt like the 90's was the best.

4. number2son profile image61
    number2sonposted 5 years ago

There still is trash talking in every sport.  Basketball has more of it than the other sports a lot of times, because basketball players often have big egos, and big mouths.  It is true that sports are becoming too soft, specifically football and basketball.  However, even hockey is getting a little soft, with extra rules being put into place.  I think that baseball pretty much has stayed the same.  Yes, the era of charging the mound is over, but do remember that that coincided with the steroid era, so you can assume that a lot of the guys had a little too much testosterone in them, which caused them to act very aggressively.

5. JMRCN0 profile image62
    JMRCN0posted 5 years ago

Players wives, kids, and families need to stay out of each others mouths, I don't mind the trash talking myself, but don't make it personal. It's breaking a boundary that no one should cross.

working