jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do the Yankees have a shot at a championship in 2013?

1. AlexDrinkH2O profile image80
    AlexDrinkH2Oposted 5 years ago

Do the Yankees have a shot at a championship in 2013?

Given that the New York Yankees, in there zeal to stay under the $189 million salary "cap,"  have let Raul Ibanez, Nick Swisher, Russell Martin, and Rafael Soriano go, do you think they have a chance at a championship in 2013?

2. Fullerman5000 profile image60
    Fullerman5000posted 5 years ago

Nope. Age and health are going to hurt them. I think the Orioles, Rays and Blue Jays will all be ahead of them this year. Tex, Granderson, and Cano will not be able to carry this team this year. There are too many younger and more athletic teams out there. But, then again they are the Yankees.

3. Bill Yovino profile image90
    Bill Yovinoposted 5 years ago

As a Mets fan, I would have to say yes, because every team but the Mets has a chance.

4. billypetty22 profile image60
    billypetty22posted 5 years ago

Personally I don't believe the Yankees are even going to make the playoffs. A-rod is going to be out, Granderson just got hurt in first game of spring training, and they've lost multiple essential pieces to last years team including their 8th inning man Rafael Sorinano. That loss could possibly be the worst for the yankees because of the status of Joba Chamberlin and a declining Rivera both coming off injuries. It would be hard to expect great stuff from those guys right out of the gates. Derek Jeter is also getting old, and with limited protection in the lineup look for Mark Texierra and Robinson Cano to get pitched more carefully. Their pitching rotation is also looking thin with questions about Phil Hughes' consistency and Andy Pettite's ability to return to pitch a full season. The Yankees also have to compete with the much improved Blue Jays, and also potent Rays. Look for the Red Sox to produce better results than last years mess as well. That team just needed a new face at manager. Look for the Yankees to make some compelling pushes for players at the trade deadline this preceding season.