jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Was Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen the greatest duo of all time?

1. Alphadogg16 profile image92
    Alphadogg16posted 5 years ago

Was Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen the greatest duo of all time?

2. Missing Link profile image79
    Missing Linkposted 5 years ago

Well, it is difficult to say of course.  Some would say it was Kareem and Magic or Kareem and The Big O when they played together.  Some would cite a few Celtic players.  Some would cite Kobe and Shaq; and still there are others.  They are one of the greatest duos of all  time but the greatest----hard to say...in my opinion.

3. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

Although Jordan and Pippen were good, I would have to go with Bob Cousey and Bill Russell of the Celtics who brought so many championships to Beantown.

1. Alphadogg16 profile image92
      Alphadogg16posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your right Paul, you cant go wrong with Bill Russell, don't think 9 straight Championships will ever be matched or beaten.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I don't know, I've never heard of them.  What did they sing, did they ever make the charts?

5. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Yup includes these two tandems in the top three. Kareem - Magic Johnson and Shaq -Bryant

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

With Jordan scoring every which way and doing just about everything else and Pippen playing the best perimeter defense you will ever witness. They won six titles together for God's sake. I think they are by far the "BEST" duo of all time, who can argue with that?

7. Miller2232 profile image60
    Miller2232posted 5 years ago

The Championships are there to say that Jordan & Pippen are the greatest duo.

8. EJ Lambert profile image74
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

I know people will immediately jump to Cousy and Russell because of the championships but you have to remember the competition wasn't nearly as thick as it is these days.  The league was much smaller.  Jordan and Pippen had to contend with Isaiah Thomas, then Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and John Stockton.  Never mind the constant threats of Patrick Ewing and Reggie Miller in the Eastern Conference.  To me that is why Jordan and Pippen deserve the honor.