jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Does Mark McGwire deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

1. lions44 profile image98
    lions44posted 4 years ago

Does Mark McGwire deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

My opinion is absolutely not. He clearly benefitted from juicing and his performance in front of Congress was disgraceful. I would vote in Bonds and Clemens, but no one else from that era.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8059470_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 4 years ago

Hall of fame for what?  Who is he, never heard of him?

lions44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for the lack of detail, Mick. I forget that Hub Pages is international. It's the Baseball Hall of Fame. He became the poster boy for steroid use. In 1998, he set the record for most home runs in a season. Then that was bested by Barry Bonds.

2. MickS profile image73
      MickSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I would say that if he were inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame by cheating in his sport, then he should be removed.

3. Man of Strength profile image80
    Man of Strengthposted 4 years ago

Before the steroids scandal I would've said yes. I have to say no, besides the home runs he really seemed to be one dimensional.

lions44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Completely agree on the one dimensional part.  Did he ever win a gold glove? I have to check on that. I don't think so. Thx.

4. AlexDrinkH2O profile image80
    AlexDrinkH2Oposted 4 years ago

No!   Neither does Barry Bonds! As far as I am concerned, the all-time home-run champ is Hank Aaron with 755 (the Babe is 2nd with 714).  The single season home-run champ is Roger Maris with 61 (again, the Babe is 2nd with 60).

working