jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What is the best throw you've ever seen in sports?

1. EJ Lambert profile image75
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

What is the best throw you've ever seen in sports?

A number of pro sports involve players being able to throw something:  baseball, football, track and field, even basketball.  To your memory, what is the best single toss you've ever seen?

2. ParadigmEnacted profile image75
    ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years ago

Steve Young to Terrell Owens for the Catch II wasn't too shabby. Nearly stumbling then threading the needle between two defenders.

EJ Lambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Young threw some of the best passes I've ever seen and that one pretty much tops the list.  No doubt.

2. ParadigmEnacted profile image75
      ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You aren't kidding. That guy became an absolute surgeon out there. He was only getting better when his career got cut short. Kaepernick has shown signs of having that same throwing ability, if only he'll do it consistently.

3. EJ Lambert profile image75

We'll see.  Kaepernick seems a little wild at times.  I'm curious to see what happens once defenses start to adjust to him.

3. Man of Strength profile image79
    Man of Strengthposted 4 years ago

I'll add a twist to this. While watching the Ali-Foreman fight, Ali "threw" a viscious two punch combination that sent sweat flying from Foreman's head.

Ali's punches were so fast that he could make it look that way.  It's why he was so deadly for such a long period.

4. Tim Quam profile image59
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

How about about the Dodgers' Joe Ferguson throw out from the outfield to home in the 1974 World Series against Oakland?  Or Ichiro's throwout from right to third base in his first month in the MLB with Seattle in 2001, also against Oakland.

Seems like Oakland has been on the receiving end of a lot of great throws.

working