jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are these the biggest apples that you've ever seen?

1. TheHoleStory profile image78
    TheHoleStoryposted 4 years ago

Are these the biggest apples that you've ever seen?

That's a regulation size major league baseball sitting next to these two monstrous apples in the photograph.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image93
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Wow... If they aren't, they are pretty close to it. Looks like they are on steroids. Where did you find/grow them?

3. Marina7 profile image81
    Marina7posted 4 years ago

They are a nice size. I have seen a similar size at Kroger and Walmart this year. I wonder if they put growth hormones on them.

4. josters profile image79
    jostersposted 4 years ago

Yep, these are the biggest I've seen so far!

5. Hui (蕙) profile image81
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

No idea! Because I have no conception about 'major league baseball'. big_smile

6. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I had a great-uncle that had a tree that grew some humongous yellow apples. I have no idea what kind they were (and he's no longer here to ask), but they were about the size of those in your photo, but very pale with distinctive white "freckles" on them.

7. Efficient Admin profile image92
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

Yes I've seen some Rome apples that were almost this size.  Also saw some about this size at the grocery store recently but can't remember the name of that particular apple.

8. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

Nope, when I was a kid my uncle and his family moved to Washington (state). Every year at harvest time, they sent us here at home a crate or two of big red apples. How delicious they were! That spoiled me, and now I think of the apples I buy from the grocery store as puny.