jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is Peyton Manning the greatest quarterback of all time?

1. abetterwaytolive profile image81
    abetterwaytoliveposted 4 years ago

Is Peyton Manning the greatest quarterback of all time?

We are witnessing an amazing, record-setting performance this season as Peyton Manning is at the top of his game.
    At this rate he will post the best quarterback statistics in a season of all time.
    Is he the best of all time?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 years ago

This is long debated, but I think you have to look at what he does in the postseason.  Peyton has won a lot of games, put up huge numbers, but he's lost early in the playoffs a bunch.  Tim Tebow has won more playoff games for Denver thus far.  Joe Montana to me is the very best QB.

3. profile image52
    mfb711posted 4 years ago

If he keeps winning, especially the Super Bowl, he probably will be.

4. Tim Quam profile image60
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

This one of those great questions where some people say he's the best of all time and others say he's not the best of his own time, lets not forget Tom Brady.  I might suggest that Manning may be the greatest passer of all time, but QB?  How 'bout some QB's with some feet?  Fran Tarkenton, Roger Staubach, Steve Young.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Yes. Peyton Manning will go down as the best quarterback to ever play the game. Not only his amazing work ethic, but how this work shows on the field. An NFL game only lasts for sixty minutes. Peyton spends hours preparing for this one hour in his life. This is what will separate him from the rest.

6. profile image58
    leenleesposted 4 years ago

Not even close, Eli Manning is much better then Peyton Manning in the playoffs. Peyton Manning has lost more times in the playoffs than any other QB(probably any player for that matter) Yes, he puts up huge statistics in the season, but where does that get you? Not a ring, that is for sure! Joe Montana is the Best QB of all time, following him I would say Tom Brady. Look at the supporting casts of Tom Brady & Peyton Manning this year, Tom Brady can compete with any player/players in the NFL around him, Peyton goes to a team with a heavily stacked offensive line and star receivers.(Let alone Denver at home gets away with holding way too much at home) Also I see Tom Brady as being able to take a hit and so was Joe Montana, meanwhile Peyton Manning rarely gets hit cause he can't handle a hit, prime example was giving to everyone at the start of his career. Anyone remember how he was suppose to dominate the Nebraska Cornhuskers Black-shirts? He didn't even want to play half way thru the game due to being hit! The key to Peyton is pressure, you hit him and you beat him 100% of the time.