jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Who's the better Quarterback? Peyton Manning versus Tom Brady

1. Alphadogg16 profile image90
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

Who's the better Quarterback? Peyton Manning versus Tom Brady

Peyton Manning recently became the most prolific touchdown thrower in NFL history. Although he may own all the records when his career is over, but is he the best? Tom Brady has won more titles and doesn't need big named stars to prosper and keep the Patriots in contention. Brady makes average players/nobody's into household names. Who do you think is the better Quarterback?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11980193_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

By far Peyton Manning will go down as the best quarterback in NFL history. And he is not finished.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Only a fool would debate against statistics. If titles were the deciding factor one could argue that Eli Manning is better than his brother.
    I believe what it comes down to for most people when picking "the best" is how they (feel) about the way a particular player approaches the game, his off field personality, does he have swag, and even the women he dates or marries. Personality is a big influence.
    Joe Namath many years ago was considered a "rock star" quarterback and he only won one Superbowl! smile
    Having said that between these two quarterbacks I'd rather watch Tom Brady. His style of play reminds me more of my favorite quarterback of all time: Joe Montana! smile
    Joe doesn't hold many records at all. He was always calm during the storm and teams feared him whenever there's time left on the clock.

4. nanderson500 profile image85
    nanderson500posted 3 years ago

It's close, but I would go with Manning because of his superior stats. If Manning had a better playoff record he would be considered the best of all time.

5. heidithorne profile image99
    heidithorneposted 3 years ago

I'm personally torn between which one I would place on this pedestal. I personally like watching Peyton Manning in action. Amazing for sure! But Brady is a quietly consistent peformer with more Super Bowl rings and a 2nd to none coach. They'll both be enshrined in Canton.

6. justthemessenger profile image82
    justthemessengerposted 3 years ago

I go with Peyton Manning. Sure, Tom Brady has more rings but Peyton has the edge in commercials.

7. Roy L Carney profile image58
    Roy L Carneyposted 3 years ago

It's all about the rings!  Yes, Manning has all the records and is one of the best quarterbacks of all time.  He is not "Clutch" in the playoffs.  He has thrown a ton of interceptions during playoff runs.  Brady wins Superbowls!  That is why he is better that Manning.

8. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 3 years ago

It's not even close. I'll take Brady any time, any game.  Even in their primes, I always felt Brady was the better QB.   I like Peyton. Great guy.  Respects the game and has done a lot.  But if I had to win one game: Brady.

working