jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Which is the best type of workout?

1. kknde profile image60
    kkndeposted 4 years ago

Which is the best type of workout?

2. VirginiaLynne profile image97
    VirginiaLynneposted 4 years ago

The best type is the one you will do!  And keep at it.  I think starting with walking is great.  Then add a little weight work.  If you haven't ever exercised, or are out of shape, try water aerobics since those are fun and you meet people.  I started with those exercises and now do the ellipical machine and weight machines.  Sometimes I still do water aerobics on my own.  The most important thing is that it has to be something you can fit into your day.  I've done it while my kids are doing their activities.  Rather than sitting on the bench like lots of parents, I do my physical activity then too!  That with dieting has helped me lose 50 pounds and keep it off.  See my hubs for my tips.

3. Minnetonka Twin profile image87
    Minnetonka Twinposted 4 years ago

My favorite workout is power walking. I try to walk once a day, at least 30 minutes. I love walking outside the most because I am so inspired by nature. My two black labs love walking too and they keep me moving. They say that you have to find a workout that you love and doesn't feel like work. Walking is mine :-)

4. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 4 years ago

The best type of workout is one of two things without a doubt. Swimming or doing road work.(jogging) The reason is they work all the muscles of the body. Put on muscle, lose weight and gain stamina and energy.

5. Organised Kaos profile image93
    Organised Kaosposted 4 years ago

For me playing a sport is a great workout. Mind is more on the game rather than the pain I am probably in. Like to swim as well.

6. lafessler profile image77
    lafesslerposted 4 years ago

There's no one "best" workout for everyone, it depends on your own interests. The best type of workout is one that you enjoy so you'll keep doing it. I personally like dancing and hiking, but the best workouts for someone else may be different. The important thing is that you stay active.

1. kknde profile image60
      kkndeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

yes, indeed. Each one may have a different workpout suitable for  him/her. The important thing is the workout.

working