jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Is bull fighting a cruel sport or an almost religious celebration?

1. one2get2no profile image82
    one2get2noposted 3 years ago

Is bull fighting a cruel sport or an almost religious celebration?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

It is most definitely cruel and being traditional doesn't make it less so in my eyes.

1. Venkatachari M profile image43
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is definitely cruel.

3. Rich11 profile image79
    Rich11posted 3 years ago

for sure very cruel for the name of religion, because religion is for men, men is not for religion.it is torture for bulls and men.

1. Venkatachari M profile image43
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Religion is made by men. But men should care for their animals also. Taking entertainment through bullfights is a cruel mentality.

4. Venkatachari M profile image43
    Venkatachari Mposted 3 years ago

Religious celebrations should be based on moral and ethical values. Bullfights and cockfights should not be allowed. Further, offering sacrifices is also a very bad practice of religions. It is all creation of superstitious beliefs. It is a kind of taking entertainment by harassing and killing animals for their selfish motives.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

bull fighting and cock fighting are human cruel act. Getting the animals to fight each other for pleasure is inhuman and insane

6. Sara Jofre profile image76
    Sara Jofreposted 3 years ago

In my country, Portugal, there is the tradition of bullfighting. It has nothing to do with religion, but it's a "cultural" tradition. Less and less people agree with it, but, unfortunately the "business" has a lot of strength and a lot of public money is spend on that. It is just cruelty! there is no argument that will make it not be just cruelty. I hope that, in the future, it will be forbidden by international law and countries who maintain it will be punished some how. Maybe that's the only way to stop it.

working