jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are there any conspiracists who believe Super Bowl 49 was fixed?

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Are there any conspiracists who believe Super Bowl 49 was fixed?

Do you buy the Seahawks just attempted to be "too clever" in their play calling in hopes of catching the Patriots off guard? Many athletes and sports analysts have said it's the "worst" play they've ever seen called with a game on the line. Would it surprise you if the game were thrown?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12176407_f260.jpg

2. Dressage Husband profile image77
    Dressage Husbandposted 3 years ago

No I do not buy that, what it was was an attempt to win the game the pass was within a half inch of being perfect. Butler made a super human attempt to reach it and made it by the same margin. Was it a bad choice, yes but if the Seahawks had made it it would have been the greatest play of the match. Adrenalin made the miss that and bad luck.

I have played a lot of sport and took the unlikely religious studies group to win a University 5 a side soccer tournament. We met the Turks in the final and they had won all their matches by double figures. The final was definitely not fixed. We won 2-1 and I scored the winner just 15 seconds from time from just inside our own half. We never won by more than the one goal margin.

I dummied the goal keeper that I was going to shoot to the right post side with my left foot and as soon as he moved shot with my right to the left side. He made a valiant effort to change his dive and nearly made the save. I scored because in the first half he had assumed I would hit it with the right and so I used the left and in the second half he assumed I was one footed (wrong decision!). They had made the mistake of thinking they would score a hat full against us, but we had a great defence and had had the harder way to the final.

The difference a fraction of an inch just enough to get it past him! I think in 10 tries the Seahawks would have made 9 of them, but it was the Patriots day. That is all.

3. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Naaaaw, dashingscorpio, say it ain't so. I don't believe that. Why would they throw the game? For what gain? I understand that it might be the only explanation for an intelligent team to make such an unbelievale call but . . . Naaaaawww!

4. profile image0
    AC-DCposted 3 years ago

No, not at all. All of the players played their hearts out to win. Remember, "It ain't over till its over." I think the Hawks used up all of their luck in the NFC championship game. It was just New England's turn. I might also add, the call by Carroll was atrocious.

working