jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think continuing problems with concussion will doom the sport of football

1. Barbsbitsnpieces profile image81
    Barbsbitsnpiecesposted 2 years ago

Do you think continuing problems with concussion will doom the sport of football?

Will youth football and, eventually, professional football find less and less participants as a result of this problem? What do you think of a "National Flag Football League"?

2. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 2 years ago

I think like the sport of rugby, American football will need to adapt. Take away the colisions and you take away the purity of the sport for the viewer.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image92
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

Science keeps advancing, players are becoming bigger, stronger and faster which will make the contact much worse but as long as the NFL continues to make billions of dollars a year, it's not going anywhere.

4. dohn121 profile image83
    dohn121posted 2 years ago

Sadly, the means justify the ends.  In the pros, there is just too much money to be made and overall, it's now America's favorite past time surpassing baseball.  I myself has played football all throughout my adolescence and into high school and can argue that it's the best team sport without question.  To generalize, audiences watch the NHL for the fights, NASCAR for the crashes and the NFL for the big hits.  As a civilization, we're not much different than the Romans and their colliseums.  Why do we all slow down when passing by a car wreck?  Sad but true.

working