jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

A Fight - Bruce Lee Vs Mohamed Ali In The Ring - Who Will Win?

1. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 2 years ago

A Fight - Bruce Lee Vs Mohamed Ali In The Ring - Who Will Win?

In a fight between Mohamed Ali And Bruce Lee, which of the two do you think has an advantage considering all the elements of kung fu and Boxing? Whom do you think will win, and why?

2. Buildreps profile image89
    Buildrepsposted 2 years ago

Bruce Lee - 100%. Of course he has to stay away from the deadly fists of Ali, but that shouldn't be any problem. Bruce Lee has far more deadly weapons in his arsenal than Ali has.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

It depends on the rules established. If it's according to boxing rules Ali would easily win. Ali w.as 6'3" and 215lbs
    Bruce Lee was 5'7" and 137lbs. Ali would have easily won a boxing match.
    Having said that if you removed the gloves and allowed kicking as well as eliminate "rules" made a street fight where the goal is to kill or mame I believe Bruce Lee would win easily.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

I say Bruce Lee . kungfu is stronger and he doesn't have to use strength externally. Furthermore he is good at internal strength

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The rules established for the match matter a great deal!
      If it's a (boxing match) very few if any short guys weighing less than 140lbs fighting a professional boxer who is tall and outweighs them by almost 100lbs are going to win.

5. ronbergeron profile image85
    ronbergeronposted 2 years ago

Bruce Lee would clearly win a fight. However, Mohamed Ali would might win a boxing match. A boxing match is a contest with a specific set of rules that must be followed. Those rules would play to Ali's advantages. A fight isn't limited by those rules and would allow Bruce Lee to use a much wider set of skills and abilities that Ali, an excellent boxer, would have little defense against.

I still wouldn't count out Lee in a boxing match. He was incredibly fast. Ali might not be able to land an effective punch.

6. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 2 years ago

Thank you very much BuildReps, DashingScorpio, Peachy, and Ron!
    The way I see it, Ali has participated in numerous real life fights and knocked down dozens of champion fighters in his era, whereas Lee's prowess was only showcased on the screen where the speed of his blows remained unconfirmed. It's true that Lee had been classed as a great street fighter during his reign. However, if a fight between the two is arranged in which kicking (and screaming to distract) is disallowed, I feel Mohamed Ali and Bruce Lee would be equally matched! Thanks once again for your views! smile