jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Can a man be accepted as a girls high school cheerleading coach?

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Can a man be accepted as a girls high school cheerleading coach?

Many believe that male cheer leading coaches are not acceptable to lead a girls squad.
    should men coaches high school girls activities?

2. ladyguitarpicker profile image74
    ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago

Sure, Why not?  Some men could make great coaches and they would know what looks good. It is like anything else you have to know how to teach and draw limits, it makes no difference man or woman. I believe some men could do this, and do a good job. You would have to have a responsible male and a good interesting teacher.

3. 10.ABDUL profile image74
    10.ABDULposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12608526_f260.jpg

As long as it's hands off. He has to be a hell of a coach. Even if he is gay he still must be hands off

4. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

I'm not absolutely certain but I think the coach of Australia's world beating women's soccer - or is it hockey - team is a man.   The girls in his team hold him with both great affection and esteem.   Saw something about it on Australian TV not long back.

Sure a man can coach and all women or all girl's team.   It's his or her quality as a coach, in all its aspects: their character, personality; their motivating, listening, befriending, knowing the game and its tactics, knowing what required to keep the team functioning at its best, et cetera.       

If those High School girls want a man to coach them, then let them 'go for it.'

1. 10.ABDUL profile image74
      10.ABDULposted 2 years agoin reply to this

True but cheerleaders are being handled a little too much so as long as it's hands off. The coach would be susceptible for many attacks it just seems inevitable for a man to be in a  vulnerable position. He must be very careful.

5. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

I realize that a man can coach girls sports but what about cheer leading? Would this be a detriment to his career or not for a male coach to lead cheerleading?

1. ladyguitarpicker profile image74
      ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think today it would not hurt his career.  It may have years ago, but not now. One of the best things about today is people do what they want to.

working