jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

What do you think about the 4 sports that Pabst Blue Ribbon chose to represent o

1. TheHoleStory profile image81
    TheHoleStoryposted 2 years ago

What do you think about the 4 sports that Pabst Blue Ribbon chose to represent on their beer label?

Another company now owns the rights to the name of the good old red white and blue Pabst Blur Ribbon beer. What do you think about the 4 sports that Pabst Blue Ribbon chose to represent on their beer labels? Going clockwise starting in the top right hand corner you have 1.Bowling, 2.Watching American football on television, 3.Eating a really big diner, and 4.Picking up a woman. All of these are more like activities then some kind of sporting event, however in today's world there are some very strange sports out there.   

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12696172_f260.jpg

2. possum lover profile image60
    possum loverposted 2 years ago

I certainly think that this beer company could have done a much better job in selecting different kinds of sports for their bottles. They missed the ball, pardon the pun, by not picking Baseball, Tennis, basketball, and the world's most popular sport soccer to name just a few.

3. Sam Montana profile image43
    Sam Montanaposted 2 years ago

Yea really, eating dinner and picking up women is a sport. But when special cans come out, people buy them just for the can and their sales goes up. But they could have chosen better.

4. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

My Dad is probably turning over in his grave. He was a sports fan and he was known to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon, so I think he would have picked football, basketball, baseball, and I'm not sure about the fourth one but it probably would be a contact sport. Since I don't buy that brand, I wasn't aware that they had gone into the ridiculous. Why don't we compromise by substituting Chess for picking up a woman and letting it go.

1. possum lover profile image60
      possum loverposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's possible MizBejabbers that in the eyes of this beer company that these activities aren't sports, but really drinking games. If this is the case then they should have included pool or billiards, quarters, & beer pong as different drinking gam

2. MizBejabbers profile image91
      MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I'll accept that. American-owned Pabst sold to a Russian company a little over a year ago. Russians are famous for their drinking games.

3. TheHoleStory profile image81
      TheHoleStoryposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's really a great answer you have here MizBejabbers. Here's a thought on your comment Possum. Even though a good idea the beer company may have considered your ideas for beer drinking activities somehow politically incorrect in these times.

4. possum lover profile image60
      possum loverposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's true TheHoleStory, however picking up women should also be on that politically correct list too.

5. TheHoleStory profile image81
      TheHoleStoryposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are right on with that one Possum!

6. MizBejabbers profile image91
      MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Do the Russians consider anything politically incorrect?

working