jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Why do you think Eli Manning looked so unhappy as brother Payton won the SuperBo

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Why do you think Eli Manning looked so unhappy as brother Payton won the SuperBowl?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Simply it is Sibling Envy. Now the brothers are equal with two superbowl wins.

Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Envy? Ok thats another possibility.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Possibly he was a little melancholy because he knows it was probably the last game his brother would be playing.
    It's the end of an era for them and their sibling rivalry.
    This also probably brings to his mind thoughts about his own longevity of time left within the sport. My guess is they've been playing football together since their early childhood.
    In any other occupation age 39 is not considered retirement age.

I thought he may have been worried; or maybe what you said. Anyway Payton has more than proven himself.

4. profile image0
    David Bucknerposted 2 years ago

I think the idea that he's mad about Peyton tying him in ridiculous. These people are playing at a higher level, sure it's competitive but like Peyton said, they don't do that. My brothers & I don't/wouldn't either. It's childish. I believe Eli was analyzing the game from a QB perspective, & probably having a more "sigh of relief" moment, than a "yay my bro's gonna win" moment. He's been in that stressful situation, & he also knows that games aren't ever guaranteed until the final second ticks off.

That explanation sounds plausible...he probably doesn't realize what facial expression he is making..

2. profile image0
      David Bucknerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

exactly what I thought haha

working