NFL Wildcard Playoffs

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (73 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image66
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

We now have all the teams in place for the NFL Playoffs for the Super Bowl.
    AFC= Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, NY Jets, Baltimore Ravens. 
    NFC= New Orleans Saints, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/2363581_f520.jpg
    This weekend begins the playoffs with the Wildcard Playoff Round.

NY Jets @ Cincinnati
    Philadelphia @ Dallas

Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals
    Baltimore @ New England

What are your picks for this weekend?

I am taking the NY Jets to once again beat the Cincinnati Bengals. I know Benson will play this time and it is at Cincy, but that defense and running game of the Jets is awesome right now. The Jets defense can take full control of a game.

I am taking Dallas to win for the 3rd time this season over the Eagles. It will be closer than this past weekend. But in the end, Dallas defense will slow down Philly enough. Romo and receivers will get it done.

Green Bay will beat the Cardinals again. Arizona is too up and down. It will be close this time with Warner in the lineup, but GB is the hotter team and playing better defense.

New England/Baltimore--Tough one here. Welker has been placed on IR. Which Baltimore team shows up? Outdoor stadium and haven't seen weather forecast for weekend in Boston, but I see N.E. squeeking this one out.

2. ShaunMasterton profile image61
    ShaunMastertonposted 14 years ago

generally agree with u, I pick eagles over Cowboys. i think eagles embarrasing lose to cowboys will inspire them to play much better.

1. jobister profile image61
      jobisterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree the Eagles over the Cowboys rest of the Picks I am on the same page as you.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Dallas for me again

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're a steelers fan picking the Cowboys? WOW! I wonder what's next? lol lol j/k lol lol

I agree with the OP on picks. I don't think Cinn can NY Jets.

I also don't think the Cardinals have what it takes to beat Green Bay.

I only prefer New England to beat Baltimore for the simple fact I would like to see - New England Vs. Dallas Cowboys in the SuperBowl.

So, I'll leave it at that. smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey CAGS, am from Dallas hehe, without the Steelers, they are my bet this Sunday

Oh, okay PDH. lol lol lol

4. Michael Willis profile image66

The hardest to pick game I see is the NE/Balt one. I am going with NE based on playoff experience, their coach and Brady. But, Baltimore almost beat them earlier and Welker is out.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It will be quite a test of the Talent vs. System question.  Is NE's system able to overcome the loss of talent re: Welker's injury.

Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great point Ron. N.E. does have a unique system in place. I see Welker gone, hurting the passing game. Can the system allow someone like Adleman(not sure of the spelling here) to make similar plays. Brady will have to use all weapons if they advance.

2. wavegirl22 profile image48
        wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and lets not forget Brady is a new daddy . . he can be very sleep deprived. . and doesnt he have a broken finger? or is that a rib>>>

I like to see Beli sweat on the sidelines...

Whats up with the new avatar>>>>>

im with you all the way here Michael .. 

what more can i say

Go Cowboys....

I am actually even enjoying all the media on Wade. . .he is growing one me. .

Go Boys!!!

5. Jon TEP profile image43
    Jon TEPposted 14 years ago

I'd pick Cincy over the Jets, I know the Jets get credit for being on fire, but they have been taking on a lot of back ups, and I just don't see Sanchez taking them that far this year.  Green Bay over Arizona is an easy one (although the Pack would be in trouble without Woodson - I don't think people realize how many games he almost single handedly won because of how good he makes the D), Baltimore over New England (the Welker injury will be too much) and I have no idea on Philadelphia Dallas.  Winning 3 in one season is hard to do, so I'll make a weak pick of Philly based on the "they're due" argument.  Like San Diego to win it all in the AFC and in the NFC, who the heck knows?

6. jellydonut25 profile image59
    jellydonut25posted 14 years ago

Cincy over the Jets. Cincy's defense will play (a lot of guys stayed out last week) and will grind the Jets to a halt. The Jets showed too much last week in their rout of the Bengals. An experienced quarterback gives the Bengals the edge over the rookie.

Patriots over the Ravens. Even with McGahee and Rice having big days, the Ravens struggled against the RAIDERS and my feeling is that it could and WOULD have been very different had Frye not gotten hurt and Gradkowski not already been hurt...The Ravens D is no longer what it was...

Dallas over the Eagles. I really have no other reason than the rout last week...that was disgusting, and in a game that MATTERED!

Green Bay over Arizona. Green Bay is a throwing team and zona's pass D is not its strong suit...It'll be a LOT closer than this past week but Green Bay will win (and people will refuse to give Arizona any respect, which just infuriates me)

7. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

I think New England will win pretty easily. Welker will cost them next week.

The other three will be very close with the Cards, Jets, and Eagles winning.

8. Michael Willis profile image66

I think no one is choosing Arizona. I don't even. No one last year either but.....?

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I picked Arizona, but I'd much rather see the Packers eliminate Favre.

I see...that would be a very interesting game!

9. Diskobolos profile image56
    Diskobolosposted 14 years ago

Cincinnati - Sanchez will turn the ball too many times

Dallas - better team in better form

NE - home field + Brady & Belichick

Ari/GB - Cheer for Arizona, but I'm afraid that GB will win

10. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Romo can win a game against Brady?

All talk about his ability would be more upbeat. smile

Instead of them talking about how little he has accomplished since coming into the league, which is B.S. because he has been one of the best passers in the game, among all quarterbacks.

If people are expecting seasoned college rookies to perform, with maximum results, and expect them to finish well, are completely out of their minds.

Romo spent 3 years on the sidelines, learning. He is learning on the fly as well. And, I believe he can be better than any other Cowboy quarterback ever was. His growth this year has been astounding. Now, we will see if he can finish this season better than he has before.

I like his potential, it's awesome. And, I'm going to enjoy watching it unfold. smile

You are right. Romo has really improved this year, especially during the 2nd half of the season. It appears he is more vocal to the other players and starting to take charge.

11. jellydonut25 profile image59
    jellydonut25posted 14 years ago

i think this week's matchups are ALL pretty easy and it's next week's that (at least on paper) look like they have foregone conclusions...

12. drej2522 profile image67
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

1. wavegirl22 profile image48

i concur drej

i even had a nice date tonight

like must b iooking up

ill take whomever u want!

13. drej2522 profile image67
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

hehe wave...

it is a new year and all, anything is possible wink

I'll take Baltimore in the AFC.

As for the NFC, if I hear Dallas one more time...

14. profile image0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

Dallas Cowboys over the Eagles... hopefully.

15. Cagsil profile image69

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol

16. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

Nice!! Way to Go Wave!
      Here is another favorite cheerleader of mine:
      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/11/26/burning_questions/t1_cheer_all.jpg

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG, she's hot and big in all, hehe

1. creepy profile image55
          creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i like the beginning of the camel toe

2. Cagsil profile image69

That's very nice picture. lol lol HOT! big_smile smile

I always enjoyed the Cheerleaders at the home games in Dallas.

ah leave the cheerleaders out of this .  .he hehe

too bad for all of us girls .. Romo doesnt come out shaking his stuff. .now that would be something to really talk about!

2. Cagsil profile image69

That's so cool smile

oh what fun it is to play with these things! Glad you liked them . . hehehe

Go Boys!

17. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

I'm agreeing with the only one that matters. GREEN BAY BABY!!

Green Bay can be a dangerous team in the playoffs. They are playing well in all parts of their game entering the playoffs.

Aaron Rodgers  . . you gotta love that he is leading the way. . and I hope that the Packers slaughter the Cards!

But after that  .. it is

Go Cowboys wink

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
        Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll tell you the same thing I told my friends that are Cowboys friends.

"When the Cowboys get beat, I'll let you root for the Packers too."

18. Cagsil profile image69

The Cowboys lose? Think I will simply look toward Baseball for my entertainment.

Football season will be officially over for me. smile

19. barongrafft profile image60
    barongrafftposted 14 years ago

All interesting input.

I'll take Cincy over the Jets, I think the Bengals running game will take over and Sanchez will make a mistake. This is my least favorite game to pick as I could easily see Sanchez shedding his skin and growing right in front of the nation on that stage.

I like Philly over Dallas. I know there are a lot of Cowboys fans out there but stick with me here. It is EXTREMELY difficult to beat a team three times in one season. It would take an exceptional effort by the Cowyboys and I just don't think their secondary can hold up. Philly has too many weapons.

Baltimore over New England. It may be close, but losing Welker was the clincher. I may have picked the Ravens even if Welker played. The New England defense lost 8 starters from last year and has visibly struggled all year long. Plus Baltimore still has a chip on their shoulder from 2007 when they think they should have stopped the Patriots unbeaten season. Baltimore runs the ball, controls the clock beats the Pats in a heavyweight fight.

Green Bay over Arizona. Green Bay has the best tandem of cover corners in the game with Woodson and Harris. I think Raodgers will take care of the ball and they will win on a defensive effort. Low scoring game equals Packers win.  HOWEVER, if they try to get in a shootout with the Cards, it's Arizona. I still like the Pack's defense.

20. kingis profile image65
    kingisposted 14 years ago

I think Cincy will beat the Jets in close matchup 23-19.  I think Arizona will overtake the Packers 30-27.  I like the Cards because no team can be someone three times in the same season.  The Cowboys will use the home turf to their advantage and defeat the Eagles 31-20.  I like the Patriots over the Ravens in a defensive battle 17-14.

This will only be the second time they have played, unless you're counting the preseason.

21. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

Contrary to popular opinion, it's not really that difficult to beat a team three times in a season. It's fairly rare because teams don't play each other three times in one season very often and even then you have to win the first two to have the chance, but the team that won the first two games is 12-7 in the third attempt.

Of course, the Cowboys are 0-2 in that situation, Andy Reid as never lost an opening round playoff game, and Dallas has lost about 5 million playoff games in a row since '96.

but when was the last time the Boys played like they are looking now?

They are playing good enough to get to the Super Bowl right now. The Chargers or Colts would beat them if they did.

EYE . . .it may be safer to say that the Chargers or the Colts COULD best them  . . .sorry about your Eagles. .

I have very little doubt the Chargers would beat them up and down the field. They could be competitive with the Colts. Safety sucks.

22. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Cowboys look like a juggernaut right now.

Agreed! smile

23. KingDrew profile image82
    KingDrewposted 14 years ago

I'm pulling for Peyton and the Colts.  Hopefully they can win the Super Bowl to make up for not trying to go undefeated during the regular season.

And I am willing to watch them fail miserably. lol lol lol

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!! big_smile

24. creativeone59 profile image67
    creativeone59posted 14 years ago

Sorry to burst you alls bubble, but the Big Bad Cowboys ruffled the Eagles feathers yet, again. creativeone59

1. jobister profile image61
      jobisterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cowboys won a playoff game, yaay but they'll be going home packing next weekend.

Green Bay vs Arizona game had a very sad ending

1. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cowboys over the Vikings. Cardinals over the Saints. Then Cowboys over the Cardinals... What are the odds that these events will take place?

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that would be great! and if they beat the cowboys, that would be epic! i am in love with Larry Fitzgerald. he's Mr. Positive...

1. profile image0

Cardinals over the Cowboys... Yikes!!! I do not hope to relive this nightmare. I remember the 1998 playoff game when the Cardinals defeated the Cowboys 20-7.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73

The Cowboys will beat the Vikings and it might not even be close. The Cards winning depends on whether the pre-week 15 Saints show up or the ones that limped through the last three games. And if they decide to play defense this week.

1. profile image0

I like your prediction.

25. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

oh lets see next weekend, COWBOYS are on HEAT

26. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

I'm a Jets fan until someone punches them in the mouth.  I'd like to see them face off against the Colts in the AFC championships but first they have to beat the Chargers...

YEAH BABY .. .it may not be the Giants.  .but you gotta love NY . .we always have a back up plan!!!!!

lol Do you have a back up plan when they go packing? lol lol

yep...like you said the other day .. it is almost time for baseball ... dare i continue that thought? tongue

lol

27. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

Finally finished crying over Green Bay's loss. Definitly say the Saints are going down and hopefully so will Minnesota. But hey, my other picks have pretty well been wrong!

28. Williamjordan profile image59
    Williamjordanposted 14 years ago

charger's are the team to beat

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol lol lol

1. profile image0

Hopefully Coach Cupcake (what some individuals call Wade Phillips since he is a player’s coach) can state "How Bout Dem Cowboys!!!" while hoisting the Lombardi trophy in the air. I know this may be wishful thinking but a man can dream...

It's interesting to see that you're already counting them out. Therefore, I won't be surprise, should you end up eating your words. But, thanks for the input.

As stands right now- the Dallas Cowboys are in a better position to walk into Vikings' stadium and do what they did to the Saints. smile

1. profile image0

I hope the Cowboys can win the next three games and acquire their 6th Lombardi trophy. However, I have to take it one week at a time.

29. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

actually i love the Cowboys yikes

but i gotta cheer for my boys. that would be pretty sweet all right... big_smile

Saturday.....SQUEE!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)