NFC East Division Title Game

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (43 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

This post pains me . ..   and even though the Giants have only their pride and dignity to play for (if even that) football will still go on:( with that being said lets get down to business at hand  . .the NFC East .. and week 17 .. the road to the big one.

Last meeting Dallas won 20-16 at Philadelphia on Nov. 8, After that the Cowboys went 4-3 after that, while Philly went 6-1 and then led the NFC East. Sunday's winner gets the title and perhaps a bye in the first round of the postseason.

Both teams are playing good ball right now.

Iggles are 11-4 and the Boys are 10-5

Go back a year ago to the wild-card race, Dallas went into Philadelphia and the Igs put their lights out 44-6. Sunday the game is in Dallas.

If Philadelphia wins, they will get a first round bye and a guaranteed home playoff game. If Dallas wins, they will host a home game, but will need lots of help to get the bye.

Can the Cowboys answer to last years dismiss? Will the Eagles reign? Who wants this one more? 

This should be a huge game . . so who you got?

2. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Oh, yeah! Go Cowboys!
    The Dallas Cowboys are not the same as last year or the most part of this year. lol, the 'Boys seem to have a new attitude since the New Orleans Saints game. They know they are playing for the head coaches job for one thing (players like him) and some players may not be back next year.
    I am hoping for a Cowboy victory and think we can.We beat them in Philly, and the defense and Romo are playing well, so....I will say Philadelphia-20 Dallas-24
    http://hubpages.com/u/2344770_f496.jpg

3. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I gotta go with the Eagles. Both them and the boys are playing great football right now. But the Iggles really seem to be on fire . GO CHARGERS !

4. wavegirl22 profile image49

Sorry Tony but Im going with Michael on this one . . and taking the Cowboys. . .and the way I see it  . it all starts with Romo Romo, and right now he has taken complete control of his game. And that alone makes the Cowboys dangerous.

5. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

And Philadelphia had another OL injury. They lose their starting center. That is a big loss and will allow Dallas' pass rush another avenue to go after McNabb.

6. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

I hate the cowboys.

7. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image61
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

I still can't believe they didn't pick this for the Sunday night game.

1. jobister profile image60
      jobisterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This game has more impact than any other game on any day this weekend. This should be nationally televised. I hope I can see it this Sunday.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image61
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can always watch it on the internets.

2. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dont think they really have the choice. . . i think it has to with the contract agreements..  .and this week goes to the AFC game...

bengals jets . .which also should be a great game..and with all the hype that Ocho is trashing up  . .how could it not be a good one!

No, they have a choice. And the Bengals not only will be playing for nothing by gametime, the Bengals and Jets will be playing again in the wildcard. So there's very little chance it will be anything more than a preseason game.

1. Michael Willis profile image68
          Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly! I would be surprised to see the Bengal starters in the 2nd half even. It will turn into a "preseason type" game before it is over.

2. wavegirl22 profile image49

Eye  . when i said they dont have the choice it is because it goes alot deeper than just the flex schedule. .
          Look into the way "flexible scheduling" works and it only is to the viewers advantage when everybody involved, namely the different networks who broadcast games, are on the same page.  FOX knows they will probably get huge ratings for the Eagles and Cowboys and they dont want to give that up to NBC. And I am sorry I do not agree with you about the Bengals and the Jets playing for nothing.

If the Jets beat the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday night, the Jets will be the fifth seed and will almost certainly face the Bengals in the wild-card round the next weekend. Rematches are not that unusual in the playoffs. It has happened nine times since 1990, most recently in 2004, when the Indianapolis Colts and the Denver Broncos played on successive weekends. In the 2001 season, the Jets played the Oakland Raiders in the regular-season finale and then played again in the wild-card round. Jets fans may not want to remember the outcomes, though.

If the Bengals lose to the jets it would most likely make them the fourth seed even if the New England Patriots lose Sunday to Houston.

That would leave the Patriots and the Bengals tied at 10-6, but New England holds a comfortable lead in the strength of victory tie breaker. There is only a very small chance the Bengals could overtake the Patriots in strength of victory.

The variables can go on and on . .and we can talk about this more Monday but....my question is it conceivable that the Bengals will sit their starters and allow a Jets win in order to face the Jets again in the more important playoff game the following week?

Thy absolutely have a choice. The networks are not allowed to protect any games in week 17, specifically so the most important game can be scheduled as the Sunday night game. And it benefits the viewer most if the best game is available to everyone who wants to watch it. Fox's great ratings aren't gonna make me feel any better if I didn't get to watch the game because the local affiliate was required to carry the Lions game instead.

Since the Patriots are going to beat the Texans and the Bengals will know that they already are the fourth seed regardless of what they do against the Jets, all of that will be irrelevant and the fact that the Bengals and Jets are going to play again the next week is all the more reason the Bengals will want to play as if it is a preseason game.

The Eagles and Cowboys are playing for the NFC East championship no matter what happens in the other 15 games. If the Giants win, the Eagles can be either a No. 2 seed or a No. 6 seed depending on whether they win. If Green Bay also wins, then both of them are playing for either the 2 or 6 seed. There's not one aspect of the Bengals-Jets game that even begins to compare to the Eagle-Cowboys game.

8. Diskobolos profile image56
    Diskobolosposted 14 years ago

I'll go with Cowboys, they are playing at home and I think Ware and Cowboys pass-rush will harass McNabb. I don't think Eagles can get into the Superbowl, their offense is on fire now, but still it's too one-dimensional.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

this is out of the topic, but I wish Steelers will show more what theyve got, more wins..

as for Dallas and Eagles difficult to have a choice

I prefer Eagles to win,

10. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Eagles are playing solid right now, but it's an away game for them. Cowboys offense is on-off (much like the Eagles, but more extreme), so they are hit-or-miss.

The Eagles finish well , but then again they know they're already in the playoffs no matter what. The Cowboys have much more to lose and will be playing their hearts out during this game.

My prediction: Eagles will win, plain and simple. Then again, I'm an Eagles fan wink

the only thing on the line is the division and 1st round bye from playoffs.

1. Diskobolos profile image56
        Diskobolosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call that 'only'.smile

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image61

They are both in the playoffs already.

11. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

Well I am disappointed with the way the Eagles performed on both sides of the ball. But does it make next weeks game against the Cowboys more worthwhile? I sure hope so. Things just got interesting in my opinion.

At least you still have interesting left  . . . and even though the Eagles got shutout . .at least they came and played .. .unlike some teams I know wink

12. drej2522 profile image67
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

jobister ~ I'm disappointed too...just couldn't execute. we'll get 'em next week!

jobs . .drej . .

but if the Boys keep playing the way they have been  . ..  Im not so sure bout that one . .. 

I think the Boys in Dallas have found their groove.. their swagger .. call it whatever .. fact is they got it and they got it at the right time.

13. Diskobolos profile image56
    Diskobolosposted 14 years ago

I'm picking Cowboys again.

14. drej2522 profile image67

I'm being optimistic...The cow'girls' look good and deserve to be the NFC East champions. However, there is one factor that may be valid. It's the Romo factor. He has never performed well in the playoffs...until he proves otherwise, it is still relevant.

Of course, now that I said that, he will end up having an amazing game! I love inserting foot in mouth!big_smile

15. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image61
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

NBC shoulda took the Cleveland game.

shoulda coulda but didnt

its was nice to see the Rex Ryan MarK Sanchez era begin.......even if they go no further. . .Rookie Sanchez has lots to be proud of. ..  I see some good chemistry...

Eye . . its the NFL and post season is now at its beginning...  its anyone bowl at the end of the tunnel:)

expect the unpredictable

I'm not totally sold on Sanchez. Yeah Jets got into the playoffs, but it's hardly because of him. I don't know why do people every time a rookie QB has season that is not disaster, think that he will become a star. Sanchez had 160 yd per game, threw 20 picks (12TD) and had passer rating of 63. That's not any better than Joey Harrington did as a rookie. And Sanchez had good receivers, good offensive line and very good RB tandem.

He played well in the first 4 or 5 games and then he completely fell apart. The Sanchez era will  be very short if he plays like he did in the second half of the season next year.

The Jets got into the playoffs because the Colts and Bengals all but forfeited their last two games.

16. wavegirl22 profile image49

p.s. isnt there something that says  . .defense wins championships???

17. drej2522 profile image67

so 'they' say...

I've always said that if I were to start a football team, I would get the best 2 corners in the league and build around them...I get ridiculed for this statement because people tend to think the quarterback is the most important position. Hrmmm...

I am a fan of good defense and running game, but let's be objective, there is not a single position in football that can have as much impact on the game as QB. This does not mean that you must have an outstanding QB to win games, but superstar QB will help you win games more than superstar on any other position. And yeah, he does need O-line, running game and receivers to be effective, but so does any CB need solid pass-rush or he will eventually get burned.

I mean common, seriously, you can't tell me that you would rather have D.Revis or C.Bailey instead of P.Manning or T.Brady???

18. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Stupid, stupid eagles! What a pitiful showing.

I think the Eagles defense played conservative in the first half and their offense could not connect on the big plays. In the second half it was the offense that started playing conservatively (maybe they knew their fate and put all their trick plays on the shelf for next week).

I think the Cowboys played well, but they exposed all of their plays and Romo isn't going to start throwing the ball to Roy Williams anytime soon. I hope the Eagles learn from their mistakes this week and capitalize when it really matters.

19. dohn121 profile image78
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

I'm not completely sold on the Eagles' running attack and in with that said, the Cowboys have the upper hand.

With that said, I think the team with that can generate a pass rush and apply pressure to the other team's quarterback will win this one.

Being a Giants fan, I of course dislike both teams big_smile  Since I hate Jerry Jones, I'll go with the Seagulls in this one (despite the fact that swept us this year). 

Donovan McNabb deserves a ring wink

Prediction: Eagles 31 Cowboys 28

Not if he plays on Saturday like he did last weekend.

1. dohn121 profile image78
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

TRUE

20. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Thank you both. As an Eagles fan that was exactly the pick-up I needed!

Maybe they really were just playing conservatively so that they didn't show their bag of tricks to the cowboys.

I was just upset I couldn't watch the game because our local fox station showed the deadskins...again...when no one really cared about their season.

Anyway, I agree- McNabb and Reid deserve rings. I am just not sure they'll make it all the way with many of their star players being relative noobies in the NFL (in their 1st-3rd year). The playoffs are where the veterans step it up under the pressure and come through.

1. dohn121 profile image78
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any Given Sunday, my friend...Anything can happen in the Playoffs.  In the words of Herm Edwards:

"We play to WIN the GAME!" lol

21. Enigmatic Me profile image79
    Enigmatic Meposted 14 years ago

drej, I've tried the whole video game build a team with the PS2 and did exactly that... start with the CB/DB's first. It appears to work in fantasy land, I donno why it wouldn't in reality!

dohn.... a Gman!! Awesome, didn't know. I agree that the Igglypigglies will destroy the Boys.... McNabb being the difference maker. Romo... he needs ... I donno what he needs.. maybe he should drink a few "Ovechkins" before the game or something.

22. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)