jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What is the toughest sport?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 14 months ago

What is the toughest sport?

2. lifelovemystery profile image93
    lifelovemysteryposted 14 months ago

That is an interesting question, and I think that athletes from different types of sports would probably give different answers. However, from my perspective, any sport a person competes as a single athlete, against a field of competitors would be harder than a team sport. Those on a team are there to back each other up, but a single competitor has only themselves to rely on.

Cheers!

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 14 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13415917_f260.jpg

I would probably say something along the lines of boxing or mix martial arts. These types of "sports" are specifically designed to (hurt) an opponent or beat them unconscious.
    As for individual challenge difficulty it's the Ironman Triathlon.

4. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 14 months ago

When I boxed I thought that was toughest. When I wrestled that was toughest. Chess is brutal. Catching an elbow in Bball is tough. Head butts in soccer hurt. Cross country nordic and track are a bitch. Be a fullback running into 300 pounders in football hurts like hell.

One toughest hardest break your back sport is Alpine Downhill ski Racing. No forgiveness. Unrelenting pain at over 90 MPH. One sport where no matter how great you train you are taxed more. When you leave that starting gate you are alone but you know fear and pain awaits you no matter how great you are.
    Crash at 90 on sheer rock ice, racing again is secondary to the thought of breathing again. Sucking in oxygen at 11 thousand feet? Lungs hurt worse than legs and arms starving for air. Ice crystal form around a frostbitten nose and that only relents due to a fear of losing.

But what the heck that is just my view.

1. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Phoenix,
      This brought back a lot of young man memories. Nowadays the toughest sports are when my 7 year old beats me. Have a great week!

5. profile image39
    Kimberly Cronkposted 14 months ago

I think that hockey is the toughtest sport

working