jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

AFL (AussieRules) Grandfinal The Pies v Saints

1. ross670daw profile image69
    ross670dawposted 7 years ago

With the Aussie football season climaxing with the grandfinal between the two best teams in the league, Collingwood 'magpies' and St.Kilda 'saints', who is your tip to win this years Premiership Flag?
    I'm a pies fan by the way, it's been 20 years since their last premiership, don't hold that against me though, so c'mon barrack for your team, pick the winner.

1. LeonJane profile image86
      LeonJaneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Pretty sure it's going to be the pies, they seem to be in excellent form towards the end of the season. The underdogs are definately the saints and there form has been waining towards the end of the season. I'd like the saints to win but they had more chance last year sad. Wouldn't want to see Mick Malthouse crying at the end for losing again.

ross670dawposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Good onya LeonJane, The pies do seem to have the best form going into the game, but, the Saints played pretty well against the Bulldogs last week. I just hope it's a great game to watch. Oh, and the Pies by 12 points. I don't wanna see Mick shed a tear either.

2. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Go St.George  smile
    Dragons should win over Easts mate hmm

Well, I do agree with you Pearldiver on that, I think the Dragons are on a roll, have to beat the Tigers first. But. let's stay focused on the 'more important' Aussie Rules match up here mate. big_smile
      Any thoughts on who'll win the AFL grandfinal, hint, Magpies perhaps?

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

The pies will as always snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory! lol lol lol

It's what they do best. smile

Ahh, I was waiting for your post here. G'day Earnest. Your not suggesting a bout of the Collywobbles are ya? It's almost been 20 years to the day we won our last flag, although it could have been more recent, so I'll concede it has happened a few times before, snatching defeat from victory that is.

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 7 years ago

The Mighty Blues are no longer in the running for the finals flag, so currently Im tipping for St Kilda, since being a Blues Supporter I don't give a ******* toss about Collingwood big_smile

=)Funny that, Blues supporters, or any other supporter for that matter, of a team other than Collingwood can never bring themselves to back the Pies. roll
      I'd like to see the Maggies win, but, I wouldn't be overly bent if the Saints took the honors, they deserve it too.

working