You Think The Saints and/or Colts can run the table and go undefeated?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

Do you guys think either of these teams will run the table?  Or maybe both.

1. jobister profile image60
      jobisterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No I don't, they will be playing the cream of the crop come playoffs and it will be lot harder. I am picking San Diego from AFC and Eagles or Minnesota to win the NFC.

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

i don't think the colts will as it sounded like on espn, they'd rather rest players, so i doubt they'll finish the season 16-0.  they might win the super bowl this year, but they won't be undefeated.

i think the saints have probably the best chance at it, as they seem like a team of destiny this year.  as everything keeps going there way, even when they're down, they find a way to win.  in fact, it seems like they want to do it for the fans too, unlike the selfish patriots that ran up the score on teams to prove they were superior to everyone.  no, new orleans seems to want to rewrite the losing history of that franchise this year, which is why i think they have the best shot.

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree...with that! I think the saints do want to re-write their history...More power to them...they are going to be hard to stop (period)...Then...hard to stop from going undefeated!

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks, i hope they do it too.  although, im not a saints fan, i would love to see them run the table.  personally, i would like to see them and indie both go undefeated and play each other in the super bowl, but i know that won't happen since it sounds like the colts would rather rest they're players for the remainder of the season.

3. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Personally, I think neither team will end un-defeated since once the home field advantage through the playoffs are clinched, the teams will try to rest players.  It won't be like pre-season games, but you can bet a player here and a player there will be rested.

Manning or Brees may not even play the last game of the regular season.  At least, I would consider putting in the back-up if I were the coach.

4. kingis profile image67
    kingisposted 14 years ago

If I had to pick which team could go undefeated, I would say the Colts could do it.

5. ecoggins profile image91
    ecogginsposted 14 years ago

The Saints play Dallas, Tampa Bay at home amd Carolina in Charlotte. The Colts play Jacksonville and Buffalo away and the New York Jets at home. The Saints have been stumbling of late, perhaps under the weight of going undefeated. Peyton Manning has been here before and their schedule is fairly light (even if Jacksonville and the Jets still have a chance to make the play-offs). It seems to me that both will lose once before the season ends. New Orleans will probably lose the last game against the Panthers (with everyone on the bench) and Indianapolis will fall in Jacksonville this week. Jacksonville seems to bounce back and they have only lost once at home in the last six games.

6. charlybell profile image62
    charlybellposted 14 years ago

I always believe in "due" when it comes to teams that go undefeated or winless to start the season.  This league is so even and competitive that its almost impossible to do one or the other.  Certainly the Pats and Lions proved otherwise (kind of... go Giants!!) its almost a lock that teams will win at least one and lose at least one.

7. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

I think the strength of remaining schedule is similar.  It's pretty incredible when one team gets close to running the table, but having two teams...can't imagine it:)

8. Williamjordan profile image58
    Williamjordanposted 14 years ago

It seems possible especially for the saints as they grain out close games

9. Oldskool903 profile image59
    Oldskool903posted 14 years ago

I think both are going to be undefeated until the saints meet with the colts in Feburary. The colts are going to come out witht he victory beause they have won the under pressure games. the saints have been running up scores not giving the players a chance to feel under pressure. The colts have it in the bag, in my opinion.

10. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

We'll know more in 24 hours.

11. ecoggins profile image91
    ecogginsposted 14 years ago

Well, I guess I was wrong about the Colts against Jacksonville. Close but no cigar as they say as Peyton Manning led his team to a come from behind win in the fourth quarter.

12. ShyneIV profile image59
    ShyneIVposted 14 years ago

We already know that New Orleans is planning on going for 16-0, and now Indy has shown that they want to play their guys to stay in rhythm. If both teams keep playing their guys, I see both actually getting to 16-0. As NFL fans, we should enjoy this, we're getting spoiled with these scenarios so far (unless you're a fan of a team in their respective divisions lol)

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and this is the classic example of what can happen .. plans are sometimes not possible to keep . .you know what they say....

we make plans and. .
      god laughs!!!!

13. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

Cowboys looked pretty good in the highlights, although the saints almost pulled it out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)