jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Your Favorite Sports Rant or Quote

1. rotl profile image61
    rotlposted 6 years ago
  2. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

A quarterback is somebody who is smart enough to know everything there is to know about football, but too dumb to know that none of it matters.

3. wavegirl22 profile image46
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”
    ~ Vince Lombardi ~

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

With regards to football -- You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.  By Dan Birdwell

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”     By Vince Lombardi

"It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it".
    By John Wooden

“Football is a game played with arms, legs and shoulders but mostly from the neck up.”  By Knute Rockne

1. wavegirl22 profile image46
      wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Pretty one. . how have you been smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am good Shari, How about you? Been busy working and watching football, LOL. Take care..

5. I am DB Cooper profile image68
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

I don't think anyone will ever beat Jim Mora's "Playoffs!?!!" rant. His facial expressions are priceless.

1. rotl profile image61
      rotlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree... I've seen that thing a thousand times and still can't stop laughing!

"I'm a man, I'm forty!" is pretty funny too.

6. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image90
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

Crown 'em.

7. LakeShow T profile image77
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

For me, I'd have to say Mike Tyson at the very least has 15 of the top 20 of all-time meltdowns/rants/tirades/outrageous quotes etc...that would go on a list like this. I would post some Youtube links, but quite frankly they are full of content that is too vulgar and offensive to post on here. There has never been anyone in all of sports that has been even 1/10th of the lunatic of that guy. As outrageous as some of the rants in the world of the 4 major sports have been, they are almost entirely sane and "G" rated when compared to those of Mike Tyson. Never anything like it.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image90
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, you win.

8. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

Rasheed Wallace:  Both teams play hard! Both teams play hard!  God bless you and goodnight!

Latrell Sprewell- I don't make enough money to feed my family.  (by the way, he was making around 10 mil a year when he said that. wink )

Randy Moss- I play hard when I feel like it.

Plus, everything that punk Kobe Bryant said during his affair fiasco to condemn Shaq.  Great player, but he's a straight up jerk!

9. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

"I think he's gone off to get some ice." Legendary Australian Football commentator Dennis "centimetre perfect" Commetti when self professed drug cheat and addict Ben Cousins left the ground following a bump that my six month old nephew could have played on with.

10. rambrose57 profile image59
    rambrose57posted 6 years ago

THEY WERE, WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!  Dennis Green, Arizona Cardinals.

11. gracenotes profile image92
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

"There are 3 things that can happen when you throw a pass in football, and 2 of them are bad."  -- Coach Darrell Royal

12. LakeShow T profile image77
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

Randy Moss being asked by a reporter about being fined $10,000 for doing a fake "moon" at Packer fans after a scoring a TD in a playoff game.

Reporter: Did you write the check yet Randy?

Randy Moss: When you're rich you don't write checks.

Reporter: How do you pay then man?

Randy Moss: Straight cash homey!

Another Reporter: Randy, were you upset about the fine?

Randy Moss: Nah, because it aint [insert expletive]. It aint nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand, to me? It aint [insert expletive]. Next time I might shake my [insert derogatory four letter word].

working